Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Street Glide Running Rough Need HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015 | 08:12 AM
ggerline
|
Advanced
Default 2007 Street Glide Running Rough Need HELP!

I have a 2007 Street Glide with 20k miles. I took it to Sturgis, unloaded from trailer and rode 1 mile and it died. Would not crank. My buddy jumped me went to J&P downtown got a battery and it ran great for two days, then my 3rd day my problems started again.

It started running rough, pulled over shut it off. Disconnected battery, fired back up and ran great. Few miles later struggled to run again. Limped it back to camp and shut it off. Fuel started to pour from Air Cleaner. Disconnected battery, pulled tank, took off my tuner (EJK) and tried again. Running only on front cyl. Pulled plugs, looked fine. Had spark at both, even after trying every configuration of plug/coil/wire combo possible. Started up, still runs rough now with fuel coming out of the exhaust and little white smoke. Had codes P0262 and P0264 (injector codes).

Took it to J&P downtown they said they think an injector is stuck open, needs injectors. Got injectors from Rapid City, installed same issue. Now they think it's the ECM. Took it home. Reading through posts and it sounds like others have the same issue. I've read wire pinched, electrical, sensors, relays, ECM, ground issue, etc. Still getting rear cyl. injector code.

Prior to Sturgis Dobeck Performance sent me a new tuner and pre-programmed for my bike. Installed, ran great for two days. My buddy borrowed it one night said it ran fine even through a huge rain storm. Loaded it for Sturgis and problems started. Now I can't figure it out.

Old 08-11-2015 | 06:49 AM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member

Disconnect and reconnect the fuel supply hose from the tank to the throttle body. The quick connect side sometimes gets worn bushings and doesn't seat right and screws up fuel supply. Disconnect and reconnect on both ends.

The replacement hoses are a better design, they cost about $50 if it turns out to be your problem.

Old 08-11-2015 | 08:03 AM
ggerline
|
Advanced

I tried this with no luck. I figure it has to be something electrical. Especially while I'm getting the Injector Fault Codes. The front cyl. is firing but the bike is running very rough and when it does run small amount of white smoke and fuel coming out the exhaust.