Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

20 miles away from first svc and new PIPES!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007 | 10:59 AM
Deucegurl
|
Tourer
Default 20 miles away from first svc and new PIPES!

Im only 20 miles away from my first service. Ive already got it scheduled for May 7th but as impatient as I am I may try to move it to this week. Ive decided to go with the Stage 1 - SERT and Rhineharts. As of today Im going to bite the $$ and have the dealer do everything UNLESS you guys talk me out of it......I know I could save a few bucks and go PCMIII myself but then I gotta tackle the install and Im sceered of it on my new bike. I would hate me if I did a scratch and dent! Im hating the expense but cant wait for the new sound/look!

Old 05-01-2007 | 11:17 AM
rideon
Road Warrior
Default RE: 20 miles away from first svc and new PIPES!

Good for you, you'll enjoy the combo.

Old 05-01-2007 | 11:34 AM
Inforit
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Deucegurl

Im only 20 miles away from my first service. Ive already got it scheduled for May 7th but as impatient as I am I may try to move it to this week. Ive decided to go with the Stage 1 - SERT and Rhineharts. As of today Im going to bite the $$ and have the dealer do everything UNLESS you guys talk me out of it......I know I could save a few bucks and go PCMIII myself but then I gotta tackle the install and Im sceered of it on my new bike. I would hate me if I did a scratch and dent! Im hating the expense but cant wait for the new sound/look!
You would hate it even more if the dealer scratches or dents your bike. Good luck.

Old 05-01-2007 | 11:46 AM
the_icemAN
Road Master

I'm one of those 1/2 mechanics. Simple stuff OK... but certain MODS like CAMS and whatnot I tend to want to leave to the experts.

I put on my RH TDs and it really wasn't that hard. A 1/2 pack of smokes, several beers, havin a friend help out ..... it was a good time puttin on the pipes.

I wouldn't be as interested in paying the dealership all that labor for something that isn't really 'hard' to do.

It is a nice little afternoon project and ... you get to spend that time with your bike (even though you aren't riding it).

Nobody can baby your bike like you can. To Dealerships it can just be another 'work order'.

If you are removing the exiting header pipes ... that will be the 'most fun' and can be the most time-consuming to get the pipe-split removed which comes off the #2 and goes to the left side.

But I can certainly understand one who can have a dealership do it so you can be out enjoying the ride.

Good Luck.... You will love your RineHarts... Awesome Pipes!