Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Road Glide Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 03:12 AM
roleson
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Road Glide Exhaust

I want a little louder than stock. I understand that by replacing the stock muffler with ANYTHING, you need the tuner to maintain the warranty. That's about $800+ total. Any suggestions for an exhaust thats a little more Harley sounding. I see a lot of posts with people having problems with the Rinehart exhaust, getting them tuned and so on. Talk to me.

Ron

Old 05-01-2007, 03:25 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 07 Road Glide Exhaust

Everyone is different about SOUND... Go isit a Bike Nite or Bike Event and find the SOUND your looking for...

Or try the SEARCH mode here and find 1000's of other ideas & options...

On the '07's you might get away without doing a flash\Re-program doing mufflers ONLY... Depends on who your talking too...

Old 05-01-2007, 10:45 AM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: 07 Road Glide Exhaust

If you change to a more open muffler you ought to have the Stage 1 download into the ECU. Need not spend the $ for the Race Tuner for just a muffler change and maybe an air cleaner upgrade.
Muffler choices are endless, and everybody has their favorites. Take your time, listen to some bikes and decide what sounds the best to you. Remember that sound will be different to the rider than the man on the street. Take into consideration what the bike will sound like while running down the highway at 70 for hours......the drone can get tiring if it is too loud.

I really like my B&E Superflows with the 2" baffle. Only place you can buy them is on eBay. They are offered on a random basis....fella gets '07 stock mufflers that owners have removed when new at the dealer and modifies them. Sounds like a HD should, deep and mellow. Some guys might like the smaller diameter, I think it's 1-3/4" baffle. Do a search on eBay under Motorcycle Parts and Accessories. Straight cut stock mufflers are 150/per pair and the slant cut like the SteetGlide stockers are 165/per pair, plus freight.