Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet question

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 01:42 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Helmet question

I like the My Brain Bucket Beanie - But CA REQUIRES an approved DOT helmet - So if I gotts to wear one it's a Full-Face Flip-up Modular???

HELMET LAWS SU_K (LOL)

Old 05-01-2007, 01:44 AM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the 3/4 G-max. Works great. I'd go with the 3/4 or full face.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:23 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Got mine at a honda store. I know, but it doesn't say honda anywhere on it. got a matching one for the wife. both for under $100 DOT approved beanie style. Flat black with a flame. Although, I only wear helmets when I know I will be on the highway. But here in NM, it is nice to have the option.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:47 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hit almost RALLY and check them ALL out... There are 100's of different styles - shapes - and NOT Every Helmet Fits The Same...

Old 05-01-2007, 06:25 AM
Fearless1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered a german chome but the only reason I bought it was to go to Vegas, here in AZ you need no helmet.

Anyone know a good place to get the metal spikes for the top of it?

Old 05-01-2007, 10:45 AM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

The flip-ups are a nice choice if you like the full face protection. They do tend to make a bit more wind noise...and the technology is not quite up to the standarg FF designs for some reason...

Like you are hearing here, and prob know, it's all about fit.

Arai tend to fit oval (the shape of the top of you globe) heads better and Shoei a liitle more round...but each model slightly varies of course. Both of these makes are LIGHT and bring absolute top-of-the-line construction.

Other than heat...there are many FF helmets out there that are super comfy IMO...but I hate being hot, so will wear my 1/2 often.

- my 2 cents - (ok, 4)

Old 05-01-2007, 11:07 AM
THABULL
Road Master

For the money you just can't beat the quality of the Scorpion line of helmets. They have just released a 3/4 open faced helmet(EXO-200) , the helmet comes with both a shield and visor ,so you have the choice to run either way you choose. These helmets are both DOT and SNELL appoved and sell for less than $140. I have bought a couple things from this place and they have been really good to deal with. www.competitionaccessories.com

Old 05-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I've got two helmets... both are flat black in color. One is a Full Face by Icon and is very comfortable. It's vented for summer and this is the helmet I wear in cold weather or if possibility of rain.

My Half helmet is by HJC and is more substantial than the average "beanie" helmet. It is vented, has a visor and a removable neck curtain for chillier weather.I really like this helmet also (see pic in avatar <<<&lt.

Be sure to try on your helmet and make certain that it fits you well. This is crucial or you'll end up a) buying another helmet or, b) being miserable wearing it.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:45 AM
HD_Maxima
Cruiser

Thanks alot guys, the comments are truly appreciated. I was online last night and found the Bell Drifter which is a beanie. This helmet got great reviews, but there were some negative comments about "lift" at highway speeds.

There is one comment I would like to make. Does anyone else think it is strange to see a person fully dressed in leathers without a helmet? Seems to me they are saying "I don't want to scrape my elbow, but I don't mind a scrape on the face." Just an opinion and I know opinions are like a$$holes everybody has one.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:43 PM
THABULL
Road Master

ORIGINAL: HD_Maxima

Thanks alot guys, the comments are truly appreciated. I was online last night and found the Bell Drifter which is a beanie. This helmet got great reviews, but there were some negative comments about "lift" at highway speeds.

There is one comment I would like to make. Does anyone else think it is strange to see a person fully dressed in leathers without a helmet? Seems to me they are saying "I don't want to scrape my elbow, but I don't mind a scrape on the face." Just an opinion and I know opinions are like a$$holes everybody has one.
I know I'm going to pi$$ alot of people off by saying this but if your not going to wear a helmet , you may as well ride in your shorts and flip-flops. Because if you bust your head road rash will be the least of your problems.IMO!!

Quick Reply: Helmet question