Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EG Haze

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Gunkholes
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EG Haze

My head is swimming. Two weeks ago, I was a happy camper with my RK Custom. Then, I spent more time than I should have looking at the Street Glide & decided to take one for a two-day rental to try it out. Rode to Roslyn for lunch yesterday (Cicely in Northern Exposure). It was a nice ride, but not the difference I expected...pretty much like my RK with a fairing & gauges. So then, just for the heck of it, I took an EG Classic out for a spin. I got hooked in the first 10 miles. It was the difference I expected, but didn't get with the SG. Amazingly smooth ride...one of those "Oh yeah!" moments.

This one didn't go the way I expected and I'm still in a daze. I pulled the trigger on a Cobalt/Pewter FLHTC today. Still not sure what I just did....

Old 04-30-2007, 11:01 PM
dedecaster
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EG Haze

you won't regret... good ride

Old 04-30-2007, 11:40 PM
blmoore20
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gunkholes

My head is swimming. Two weeks ago, I was a happy camper with my RK Custom. Then, I spent more time than I should have looking at the Street Glide & decided to take one for a two-day rental to try it out. Rode to Roslyn for lunch yesterday (Cicely in Northern Exposure). It was a nice ride, but not the difference I expected...pretty much like my RK with a fairing & gauges. So then, just for the heck of it, I took an EG Classic out for a spin. I got hooked in the first 10 miles. It was the difference I expected, but didn't get with the SG. Amazingly smooth ride...one of those "Oh yeah!" moments.

This one didn't go the way I expected and I'm still in a daze. I pulled the trigger on a Cobalt/Pewter FLHTC today. Still not sure what I just did....

I'll tell you what you did.....the right thing.

Enjoy and post pictures when you get it.

Old 04-30-2007, 11:47 PM
wldbill
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You may lose some sleep over the deal, I would, but everytime you ride that beauty your gonna know you made the right call, ENJOY

Old 05-01-2007, 12:11 AM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

The Classic definetly offers the best bang for the buck! Enjoy!!!!

Old 05-01-2007, 12:12 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

what they said. I bought mine after years of peir pressure. never road one or saw the one I bought. Just knew I had to have it and now the grin wont go awaycongrats

Old 05-01-2007, 12:27 AM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Enjoy your EG...mine started out as a Standard, not sure what it is now. I do know it is no longer just a Standard.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:36 AM
gordon188
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had my EGC for 4 months, and it still feels great, I don't think the feeling ever goes away.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:27 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a '05 rk custom. I paid cash for it a year ago, and have no regrets. But, that being said, if I was to get another bike, the EG is the one for me. I, too, rented a road glide, and it was fine. But I just love the look of the bat wing, IMHO.

When you say it didn't go the way you expected, did you mean the deal you got, or the fact that you went with an EG and not a SG. If it is just the choice of bike, I think you made the right decision. If it is the deal, I hope it at least is something you can deal with. Would hate to see you have to sell it later on!

Old 05-01-2007, 05:34 AM
The Pawnbroker
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You did the right thing. You will be happy every time you ride. I went in thinking I was going to buy a RK. After about a week of looking I decided on an Ultra. I thought for sure that I was going to convert my Tour Pak to a removable one. I just thought I would never need it. Man I even love that thing! I use it all the time even around town. Just handy to throw all my "stuff" in. I have ridden my share of bikes and this one is a LOT different in ride quality. I recommend getting a driver backrest. Set the tunes, set the cruise, lean back and enjoy the ride!

Quick Reply: EG Haze