Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 2 boom upgrade for 14 SG Special

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 06:55 PM
Bikerdog44
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage 2 boom upgrade for 14 SG Special

Has anyone done the stage two upgrade with amp and speakers (front fairing only) for a 2014 Streetglide special.
Was there much improvement over stock?

Old 07-25-2015, 07:49 PM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,193 Likes on 563 Posts

Anything is better than stock. Boom II is better than the original kaboom stuff, but still wwwaaayyy overpriced for what you get. Even with the flash issues there are plenty of aftermarket systems that will blow the Boom stuff away for less money. Check out the audio section, many threads there on the rushmore audio issues and solutions.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:58 PM
Bikerdog44
Intermediate

I've heard that there was a compatibility issue with after market audios?
Hand control issues.
Have hey corrected the Second?
I've read a lot of threads and blogs, and have gotten a lot of different opinions and views.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:48 PM
ukcatsfan
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just had the Boom Stage II added to my 2015 RGS. I actually had the front and rear added and all I can say is WOW!! I absolutely love it and think it was a huge improvement. I'm sure there are probably better systems out there, but for a factory fit, finish and sound I'm completely satisfied with the Boom Stage II.

Old 07-25-2015, 11:12 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Pleas check out the audio sections lots of horror stories of folks having cut out issues.

Spend your money on a quality upgrade. Check out Biketronics, life time warranty and speakers are made by Hybrid Audio, a high end car audio brand. Hand controls work with no problems if your just adding an amp and speakers.

Old 07-25-2015, 11:37 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,852 Likes on 1,087 Posts

Talk to the folks at Biketronics. They're a Sponsor here on the Forum. You'll be much happier with their products than the HD Boom crap.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:14 AM
usmcbuck
Tourer

I think the Boom stage 2 has gotten a bad rap because of some early issues, after talking with a couple dealerships, both say the same thing as in they have really got things in check now.
I know the one bike that I heard in person at the dealership with new installed Boom Stage 2 (front speakers only) sounded really damn good to me and certainly better than my stock system.
We all know there's aftermarket, but the more I read and look into it, there's just as many problems with that stuff also, if not more.
For me, if I was going to upgrade right now with this new bike with warranty, it would be with Boom Stage 2. I not worried about a few bucks cheaper or a few decibel's louder, but more with something that's going to work hand in hand with everything. And if there was a bye chance a issue, well then its on Harley to get it in check....

Old 07-26-2015, 08:12 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by usmcbuck
after talking with a couple dealerships
Man, that gave me a good laugh! He said the dealer said so..................

Old 07-26-2015, 08:30 AM
babygorilla
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Boom II and up are okay upgrades IMO, but you can get better amps and speakers that perform better and last longer for a lot less $$$.

Check out Biketronics. Lifetime warranty on their stuff, bigger speakers, more powerful amp, and good customer service.

Also, the hand controls control the head unit (Boom 6.5gt in your case) and there is no "compatibility" issues with the controls and the amp and speakers. The HU is smart, the amp and speakers are dumb and just do what the HU tells it to do. SOMETIMES (unless you use the Magic Box) you need to get the HU flashed by the dealer to better utilize the amp to get the best quality of sound. But they do that with the Boom II also.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:52 AM
Big_Black
Advanced

Ive herd Biketronics is the best but man they are $$$$
I wish they had 50% off sales like LRS!

Quick Reply: Stage 2 boom upgrade for 14 SG Special