Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SEPST Map Help- 2015 FHLTK

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 01:19 PM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master
Received 511 Likes on 228 Posts
Default SEPST Map Help- 2015 FHLTK

I did put an inquiry in the tuner section but it seems that everyone there has plenty of info on the PV's, PC's and TTS and barely any responses on the SEPST. Looking for some help fellas...

I just scored a new/unmarried in box SEPST (Part #: 32109-08C) from my father-in-law and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good map for the following setup:

2015 FLHTK 103" H.O. (liquid cooled)
Rush True Duals
Rush Big Louie 2.5" mufflers
SE Air Cleaner

My only tuner experience is with the PCIII and PCV tuners and I'm finding the SEPST to be a little intimidating. I really wanted a Power Vision from Fuel Moto but the funds wouldn't be available until next spring and I can't stand looking at my new exhaust components sitting on the shelf any longer!!!

I will probably use the SEPST to get my new system on line now and then take advantage of FM's trade up promotion ($150 trade towards new PV) in the fall. In the meanwhile, I would greatly appreciate any assistance...

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-26-2015, 09:46 AM
Sparkee...
Road Master
Received 227 Likes on 142 Posts

Sorry, I am not at home where my Win8 tablet is. Install the software, update it then when you properly connect your bike to the SEPST and it detects your bike it will make recommendations. Just choose the map that is closest, probably something with air cleaner and race pipes, the others will list if they are for other performance upgrades. Read up on doing some smart tune runs to fine tune it, there is a few good posts in the tuning section on the process.

The help files in the tuning software also has some flow charts that are worth it to print out to guide you through the process. I also endured the video guides they provide on the software download page. It is an intimidating prodecdure but as long as you go through the material first it does make sense went you actually do it.

I used a WIN8 tablet strapped to my bars and did some Smart Tune Live runs on an old highway with little to no traffic. It sped up the smart tune process since I could watch a table as data was gathered. Don't do it under traffic, it is still distracting even if you are only looking at it occasionally.

My next tuner will also be a Power Vision as well since they seem to have really simplified the smart tuning. The SEPST is a very capable tuner, but I would wait till the next bike before upgrading since I have a good tune now and I don't think there is any benifits to adding another tuner to the same bike.

Last edited by Sparkee...; 07-26-2015 at 09:52 AM.