Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King - Handling

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007 | 10:02 PM
RoadKingRon
Advanced
Default RE: Road King - Handling

went frorm a 99 nightrain to a road king and never looked back, handles rides and dare I say looks better each year.

Old 04-30-2007 | 10:56 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member

I have a SG. Last week I demoed a Softail for the heck of it, couldn't wait to take it back to the dealer. Once you've owned a bagger you won't like anything else!

Old 05-01-2007 | 05:47 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

I agree. I have a '05 rk custom. You may consider it. '07 is the last year it will be made.There are so many options you have with a KING. Dress it up for touring, or down for around town. Best overall bike to have. Many looks in one. IMHO

Old 05-01-2007 | 10:40 AM
aj
3rd Gear

i went from from a '01 heritage softail classic to a '07 road king classic and wow what a difference !!!!!

the external shock absorbers on the RKC certainly make you feel you are on a tourer.

Old 05-01-2007 | 11:05 AM
HTRAUD
Road Warrior

I have a Deuce and a RK. I love them both, and have taken them both on trips of moderate distances 800 plus miles. When I got off the Deuce I felt a little fatigued. When I get off the RK I don't feel fatigued. Primarily because I can't stretch out on the Deuce.

I can stretch out more on the RK and adjust my riding position. The Deuce wont let me do that. I would not ride my Deuce across country now that I have the RK;not enough space on the Deuce.

If you traded your Deuce in for the RK you wont be disappointed, but you might miis the Deuce.

Old 05-01-2007 | 11:58 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member

Wife just went from a Heritage to a Street glide. She can't believe the difference in ride and handling.

Bill

Old 05-01-2007 | 12:26 PM
Cowracer
Tourer

This should just about address any questions on handling.

Tim

[IMG]local://upfiles/13336/DFB8D395C4F74115BB389AD8E881D03F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-01-2007 | 12:37 PM
Rock4gzus
Cruiser

I have both a 98Softail Customand a 01 Road King Classic. While each is enjoyable, the ride on the King is far superior. It almost steps over rough spots in the road thatwill joltthe frame/rider(s) on the softail. If you plan on often riding more than a 100 miles a day (especially with a passenger), you will greatly appreciatethe Roadking.

Old 05-01-2007 | 01:02 PM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

Had an 06 Springer. Have an 07 RKC now. Love the difference. Handling and ride are superb.

Old 05-01-2007 | 02:28 PM
MrChet
Intermediate

Add me to the list of people that prefer the ride of the touring bikes over the softails. (Yes the frame is the same on all of the Touing models). The diffence is windsheild orfairings. Then frame or fork mounted.
I had a Fatboy when they first came out and were the rage because Arnold rode one in Terminator. I didn't like the ride as much as my FXRS with the rubber mounted engine. Years later I get the Road Couch and I'm spoiled after riding it. Cruise is nice but hey there's still that part of me that says it's an old mans bike and not as cool as a Softail. They came out with the 200 tire in 06 and I thought that I'd like one and it would be cool to fix up and turn into a good looking bike. It rides a lot better than the old Fatboy did but the front end is heavier that the Road Kings. It's a nice and smooth ride but no one in the family wants to ride with me. They all want the something more comfortable. Plus there isn't a backrest on the Softail. Then I ran accros a deal too good to say no to and got an Ultra and told the wife it was her's. Now I'm spoiled even more because of the fairing and the radio. I don't put as many miles on the Softail because I'm always needing to haul something and I can't just go to the store and load up. Although I can haul pizza better on the Sportster than I can on the Road King!

Quick Reply: Road King - Handling