Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fix for FLH wobble?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 10:01 AM
R Horn
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fix for FLH wobble?

I picked up a cycle world at the PX last night (Iraq). There was a small article on a device from http://www.true-track.com/
They describbed it as the "missing link" It describes a wobble caused by the swingarm being mounted in the rear of the trans on the Rubber Mount engine. I know my Ultra gets a little wobble in the 85 mph range. Has anyone here had experience with one of these devices? there description of how the rear wheel alignement moving steers the front makes sense. Hopefully someone here can give "us"/"me" some feedback on this product.

Thanks
Rich

[IMG]local://upfiles/2450/96ABBF6861C242DFAE25C89D2CB211B4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-20-2005, 12:05 PM
CaptnAl
Road Captain
Default RE: Fix for FLH wobble?

looks good, but is this another one of those things that look ggod but dont preform? Has anyone had any experiance with this other that the advertisement?

Mine Scoot is new and i only get it at higher speeds with cross winds, maybe odler bikes with wear might have this problem more so.

I am interested in hearing any opinoins.....

Old 09-20-2005, 01:51 PM
dc1450
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Rich,

Funny you should ask, mine just came in the mail yesterday. I'm going to put it on tonight. It looks pretty straightforward. One page directions with the torque specs included. My RG doesn't "wobble" but if I push it in the corners with a load, (passenger), it will develop a hinge in the middle.
I'll let you all know.

DC.

Old 09-20-2005, 04:25 PM
R Horn
Cruiser

DC,

Cool deal, just the kind of input I was looking for. Keep us informed for sure. I will likely order one and have it waiting when I get home. hopefully it will still be plenty warm.

Rich

Old 09-21-2005, 10:11 AM
dc1450
Road Master

Well, The installation was a piece of cake. Make sure you have blue locktite and a torque wrench that goes down to 10 Ft. LBS.
As far as how it works, I have not really had the opportunity to really push the bike with a load but, it does feel more "planted" on the hiway at 80MPH.

DC.

Old 09-21-2005, 02:44 PM
CaptnAl
Road Captain

cool... sounds like it might really work. Give us an update when you put it thru its paces.

Old 09-21-2005, 11:07 PM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

why dont they have a picture of it in their ad? it might be the cats azz but i want to know what im buyin!!

Old 09-22-2005, 11:13 AM
dc1450
Road Master

Mike,

They do have a picture, keep pushing the "next" button.

Ok, it works, I have not put a load or passenger on it yet so the affect is subtle but, the bike is more stable, and doesn't "hunt" when crossing a line in the road. It also seems to quickin the steering inputs. The bike is rock stable and very responsive.
Put it on you'll like it.

DC.

Old 09-22-2005, 02:07 PM
R Horn
Cruiser

DC
Good deal, looks like I will be buying one to install as soon as I get home. Anyone else who try's one untill then please keep us informed.

Rich

Old 09-22-2005, 07:53 PM
Monteblack
Stage III

If you view the true-track website and read the story about the wobble, its aeaxtly how I lost my best freind Armando Arello last weekend. I bought his kit and will inastall it this weekedn . I am helping the family with a lawsuit against Harley Davidson for this design flaw. Accoridng to the manf. There are many suits in progress. His patent attorney lost his brother the very same wayon a road glide

Thanks Pez for helping me locate the vendor

RM

Quick Reply: Fix for FLH wobble?