Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD! Harley Warranty lesson learned

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 09:48 PM
Feroce
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BAD! Harley Warranty lesson learned

I will never go back to the dealer in Lansing, MI Capitol Harley, because of the way they treated me. I spent thousands of dollars there and when it came to warranty a little oil leak they said NO WAY!!!!!!!!

They asked me who did the 1000 mile inspection? I said I did. Who did the 5000 mile inspection? I said I did. He said and you want me to warranty YOUR work? I asked what does that have to do with a primary chain cover gasket? He said you took it off during the inspection and did not do it right. I said the inspection cover yes, not the primary chain cover.

He said we are not working on it take it back to the dealer you bought it from. You have no warranty except the dealer you bought the bike from, no one in the USA has to work on your drive train.

The service department at Capitol Harley are freaking jerks.
Ed

Old 09-20-2005, 11:47 PM
skywagon
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What warrentee? Form what I read on a lot of forums, Harley does not honor a large majority of items covered by the warentee. If the Bas$&%$# want to play that game then sell the friggan bike 4K cheaper.

Old 09-21-2005, 12:38 AM
four5acp
Cruiser

Check out this site, you can rate them as a Stealer and maybe just get a few people not to buy from them...

http://stealer-dealer.com/sd.htm

Old 09-21-2005, 01:04 AM
harris48cars
Road Master

Just like that good looking cheating wife. You want to get rid of her but you just can't stand to be with out her.
Gary

Old 09-21-2005, 01:12 AM
CntryFun
Cruiser

They can NOT deny to work on your bike cause you did the maintenance. They might be able to for the BB kit, but NOT for maintenance. All you have to do is keep records and receipts and they have to warrantee it!!!

Old 09-21-2005, 01:48 AM
Feroce
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: CntryFun

They can NOT deny to work on your bike cause you did the maintenance. They might be able to for the BB kit, but NOT for maintenance. All you have to do is keep records and receipts and they have to warrantee it!!!

But the big bore kit was installed as per the the post card from Harley

The Big Bore Stage II Kit on page 521 of the catalog says: “When installed by an authorized Harley Davidson Dealer, these kits do not impact the vehicle’s limited warranty”

The BB kit is included in my "motorcycle's 24-month manufacturer's warranty"

By the way I am a General Motors UAW Journeyman Automotive Mechanic for 32 years. (By the way I don't mention this very often, I am modest but, I am pissed at the dealership)

Ed

Old 09-21-2005, 02:20 AM
Bear64
Banned

Right out of a Davidsons mouth at the 2004 Farley, Iowa race pointing to 2 victorys sitting there, there gentlemen is our compition, 100c.i. 6 speed tranys in them, just seen 2 new ones for 06, damn fine bikes. smooth rideing and running they have come a long way. but they know that they are lacking in the dealership department, but look for them to stay the course. they have done their homework, not everybody wants a $40,000 chopper from OCC, some people want rideable bikes that look and run good.

Old 09-21-2005, 03:35 AM
Quickie
Cruiser

Not just Harley. To make a long story short, I had the same issue with Yamaha last year with my 04 Road Star. I was under the impression that Harley stood behind their warrenttee and thats why I got one. After reading your story I see its the same **** no matter what you buy. Its not just motorcycles, it everything. Everyone is your best friend, kissing your ***, when your buying, but the second you have trouble with anything, Hey its not our responsibility. Know one takes any pride in their product or sevice anymore, they just tell you what you want to hear to get you to buy and then **** you any chance they can because there is 10 guys behind you waiting to buy. Good luck.

Old 09-21-2005, 06:27 AM
Twohulabears
Road Captain

This is not good news. I will be buying a new ride in a couple months. Even though I won't be getting a Big Bore Kit, I still want HD to stand behind their products. This makes me nervous.

Old 09-21-2005, 10:58 AM
Mrkicks
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been working in and around the auto business for 20 years and the manufacturers would never handle the situation like this, so it's disapointing and frustrating to hear about this. With that said.... I do see their point of going back to the dealer where the work was done, because it could very well have been their wrench's mistake or oversight. The difference between Harley and car dealers is that Harley dealerships are independently owned and and not a franchise like a car dealer. You would think they would have some type of reciprocal agreements in place though, if they cared about us and their future.

Customer service is dead in America

Kicks

Quick Reply: BAD! Harley Warranty lesson learned