Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tts is a pita

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015 | 05:50 PM
decencyxdefied
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default Tts is a pita

Did some stuff to a buddies 11cvo rgu, fuel rinehart exhaust and an ac.. Installed the tune closest to what he has and it blows.. It coughs thru the filter and pops from the rear pipe.. I did their version of the auto tune and it's still there

Old 07-18-2015 | 05:52 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by decencyxdefied
Did some stuff to a buddies 11cvo rgu, fuel rinehart exhaust and an ac.. Installed the tune closest to what he has and it blows.. It coughs thru the filter and pops from the rear pipe.. I did their version of the auto tune and it's still there

Try a different map.

Old 07-18-2015 | 07:04 PM
decencyxdefied
|
Seasoned HDF Member

I tried all the ones that are listed for the 11 cvo

Old 07-18-2015 | 08:00 PM
hojones
Ultimate HDF Member

did you try giving more fuel on the acceleration enrichment table? You will have to decrease the number to go richer. The Power Vision is a lot easier to auto tune. At best you don't have to haul a lap top around.

Old 07-18-2015 | 11:47 PM
decencyxdefied
|
Seasoned HDF Member

I have it got that far yet as its not my bike.. I don't like doin all the work and then it not being right.. He doesn't mind, but to me it's like a let down lol.. I told him I need it for a full day to do some half hour runs

Old 07-19-2015 | 12:51 AM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member

Wow! I've got the TTS Master Tune on my 2010 Heritage and it's got to be responsible for at least half the performance increase I got out of my build. That said, you definitely need to understand the Delphi Fuel Injection/Ignition System and what it is attempting to do on a stock engine to know what you can, what you should (and what you probably shouldn't) do on a modified engine. The good news is that it's a really fairly sophisticated software mapping application . . . unfortunately, that can also be the bad news . . .

Old 07-19-2015 | 05:39 AM
Pine Tree
Veteran: Marine Corp

Did you run the cam analysis program before making any other changes?

Originally Posted by hojones
...The Power Vision is a lot easier to auto tune. At best you don't have to haul a lap top around.
I don't think one needs to "haul a lap top around" anymore.

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
...That said, you definitely need to understand the Delphi Fuel Injection/Ignition System and what it is attempting to do on a stock engine to know what you can, what you should (and what you probably shouldn't) do on a modified engine...
I suspect he doesn't really understand the HD system, the TTS programs, or tuning in general. Hence he, and many like him, have problems. That's why there's products that really don't do much...the shadetree wrench usually can't mess up things too badly.

Old 07-19-2015 | 06:57 AM
decencyxdefied
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Well thanks for assuming wrong tree.. I'm no master mechanic but I'm not some shade tree guy rigging **** up either.. I do all the work on all my friends bike, all my own cars.. Everything.. I'd be my own dentist if It didn't hurt too bad..Here's what got this mod started.. I have a 08 flhx simple stage 1 and pv, neighbor has a stage 1 08 fatboy, other neighbor has the cvo and his son n law has an 09 stock ultra.. Cvo guy says he's gonna best up us and one day he goes out and the stock ultra smokes his ***.. He can't have that so he buys his stage one and tts to compensate.. He also mentioned that his bike was cutting out and lugging like it was in limp mode untill he down shifted.. I never rode it more than a driveway away before I started the mods and when I got it all done I rode around the block without the tune to see what I did.. It did the same thing he described.. Come home add the tuner and it's the exact same issue.. I don't think it's a tuning issue at all.. I thibk something is wrong with his bike.. I had no prior knowledge of the tts or its features I did slot of reading last night and learned some extra stuff about it.. I found some pdfs that have a very helpful step by step to do their auto tune feature as well had info on fuel and acceleration tables.. The tts doesn't come with **** and every manual had to be downloaded.. Their how to tune pdf doesn't mention doing anything with cams first.. I'll figure it out eventually

Old 07-19-2015 | 07:15 AM
hojones
Ultimate HDF Member

Well thanks for assuming wrong tree.. I'm no master mechanic but I'm not some shade tree guy rigging **** up either.. I do all the work on all my friends bike, all my own cars.. Everything.. I'd be my own dentist if It didn't hurt too bad..Here's what got this mod started.. I have a 08 flhx simple stage 1 and pv, neighbor has a stage 1 08 fatboy, other neighbor has the cvo and his son n law has an 09 stock ultra.. Cvo guy says he's gonna best up us and one day he goes out and the stock ultra smokes his ***.. He can't have that so he buys his stage one and tts to compensate.. He also mentioned that his bike was cutting out and lugging like it was in limp mode untill he down shifted.. I never rode it more than a driveway away before I started the mods and when I got it all done I rode around the block without the tune to see what I did.. It did the same thing he described.. Come home add the tuner and it's the exact same issue.. I don't think it's a tuning issue at all.. I thibk something is wrong with his bike.. I had no prior knowledge of the tts or its features I did slot of reading last night and learned some extra stuff about it.. I found some pdfs that have a very helpful step by step to do their auto tune feature as well had info on fuel and acceleration tables.. The tts doesn't come with **** and every manual had to be downloaded.. Their how to tune pdf doesn't mention doing anything with cams first.. I'll figure it out eventually
Have you tried Kuryakin's website? They have some very good canned maps that they have dyno'ed. They work very well in getting you close and then you can tweak the tables to dial it in. Just a thought.

Old 07-19-2015 | 08:05 AM
zeke383
Road Captain

"The TTS doesn't come with ****" because Steve Cole is continually upgrading features. This is why the first thing you should do is check for updates. The PDF manuals will be updated at the same time.
I would clean the TBW plug on the throttle body servo. Also if head pipes were changed, double check the sensors were installed in the correct bungs.

Quick Reply: Tts is a pita