Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 10:58 AM
forever_lost
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new seat

Well after my ride this weekend the better half threw the law down and said we are getting a new seat. I guess in all honesty I can't disagree with her, the stock CVO seat sucks. So after looking and reading and looking and reading some more I think Corbin will the route I will go with. I asked the wife's opinion and all she says is "I don't care I just want a cushier seat." Well thanks that helps! Anyway going through the seat designer on corbins website I see they offer a look for ostrich and alligator. Does anyone know if it is embossed or is it just a printing look?

Old 07-13-2015, 12:26 PM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

let us know how that works out....sorry, don't know about special order. hope it works out. would suck if you have the same or similar problem. i had issues and after two aftermarket seats, i chose the day-long by russell. never looked back or even thought about another seat. if i buy another bike, its going with me or i'll order another. well worth it to me.

Old 07-13-2015, 12:29 PM
zer0t
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with you. I have a CVO RK and the seat looks cool but ain't that comfy. My brother bought a RG CVO and the backrest on the seat is awesome. I looked at mustang but not corbin yet. Let's see what folks recommend.

Old 07-13-2015, 12:47 PM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 215 Posts

Why not try out the factory Ultra or other factory seat? You can try them for free at most dealerships. Corbins are nice, but they are hard, and not for everyone. We find the stock 15 Ultra seat all day comfortable.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:26 PM
forever_lost
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by big papa AZ
Why not try out the factory Ultra or other factory seat? You can try them for free at most dealerships. Corbins are nice, but they are hard, and not for everyone. We find the stock 15 Ultra seat all day comfortable.
I don't know I just can't take off a harley seat and then put another one back on.

Still a little nervous about corbin with people saying how hard the seat is. But did see a post where you can have them use a softer foam, might have to try that.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:46 PM
evhid1
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had several touring bikes over the years from 1990 to present 2012 FLHTK. After a few seat changes I always put the Mustang touring seat with back on my bikes. Seems to fit my big **** great and run all day long no problems. It's moves you down about an inch and back about one and three quarters of an inch. Try one out if you get the chance. Good luck on finding a seat you like.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:29 PM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 215 Posts

If you buy a Mustang seat on Amazon, you can return it. I did that in my search for a solo seat.

Old 07-13-2015, 06:40 PM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 605 Likes on 440 Posts

Hate to burst your bubble but the Corbins are hard as a bench. Lots of guys like them and most wives riding behind them don't. A HD Hammock or a Mustang will be more to her liking if she wants a Cushy seat. You maybe able to try a HD Hammock at your local HD dealer.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:07 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by heavymetalthunder
Hate to burst your bubble but the Corbins are hard as a bench. Lots of guys like them and most wives riding behind them don't. A HD Hammock or a Mustang will be more to her liking if she wants a Cushy seat. You maybe able to try a HD Hammock at your local HD dealer.
I have to agree with this statement. Corbin seats are super hard. If you better half is looking for cush, Corbin ain't it.

I had one, ran if for about 3000 miles hoping it would break in, and it did not work for me. I think I would have been more comfortable sitting on a cinder block.

Do you self a favor and find someone that has one and will let her sit on it. Who knows, maybe she will love it. But that's an expensive mistake if she hates it.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:22 PM
weelbur2
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Russell Day-Long

lost...I second cass' post. I've never read any derogatory posts about Russell seats, other than some refer to them as "ugly". My Day-Long is both great looking and comfortable. I have "friends" that won't ride very far, because their butts hurt after 45 minutes, but damn, their seat looks cool! I prefer comfort over cool.

here's a tip (whether you choose day-long or another custom seat builder):
purchase a compatible seat online (ebay, etc.), or at a motorcycle salvage yard (the builder only needs the seat pan). this way, you still have your stock seat to use until your new, custom made seat arrives.

big papa also had a great idea: HD dealers have "demo" seats...try a couple out for a day or two...or, as stated above, maybe a used seat fits the bill....you won't know until you try.

whichever avenue you take, good luck

Quick Reply: new seat