Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSF Course

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 11:15 PM
tkjones2
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSF Course

Howdy gang, just got back from a weekend of the beginning riders MSF course, its the 2 day course that they supply the bikes. Orignally i went for moral support for the wife " she just got her first bike and is slowly gonna get off the back of mine" but i couldnt believe how many stupid habits i had picked up over the years. we both complete sucessfully and im not shure who was smiling more when she got her certificate me or her. We met some good folks in class learned alot and had a ton of fun. for what its worth all, no matter how long you have been riding or if your just coming back into the hobby, think about taking the class or the Experianced riders version, it was money well spent for both of us

Old 04-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: MSF Course

Troy, I had the same experience. Although I spent my early years on many different bikes, after a 15 year absence I thought it would be a good idea to take the MSF course to "brush up" on my riding skills. Boy, was I in for a surprise! I "unlearned" several bad habits, learned a ton of new good ones, and had a great time. Very valuable - essential, actually! The hardest part was getting humble enough to recognize that I wasn't the expert rider I thought I was!

Old 04-29-2007, 11:24 PM
CyclChyk
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like congratulations are in order! To you and your wife!

Safe riding and have fun!

Old 04-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Basz
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Pastor John

Troy, I had the same experience. Although I spent my early years on many different bikes, after a 15 year absence I thought it would be a good idea to take the MSF course to "brush up" on my riding skills. Boy, was I in for a surprise! I "unlearned" several bad habits, learned a ton of new good ones, and had a great time. Very valuable - essential, actually! The hardest part was getting humble enough to recognize that I wasn't the expert rider I thought I was!
I can ditto Troy and Pastor - Same thing went into it for moral support for the wife.
I was shocked how much I got out of it. Then I followed that up with the drills from "Ride Like a Pro IV".
Talk about catalyzing my riding abilities.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:47 PM
drobb
Advanced

Congrats Troy to you and your wife... I agree the course is a good thing and I would recommend it to anyone.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:59 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,867 Likes on 9,332 Posts

Increasing your riding ability is always a good thing there tk. BTW, good choice in scooter model and paint.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:04 AM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Now to take it a step further, e-mail this guy and ask for his free file on riding techniques. I've heard it's what the police use, and their training is extensive, but the exercises are great and take your training to the next level.

MotorLessons@Ricochet.com

Old 04-30-2007, 12:24 AM
tkjones2
Banned

ill have to check that motorlesson,s i have a copy of ride like a pro 4 here but havent gotten to watch in yet or start the pratices

Old 04-30-2007, 12:48 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

Good for you, Troy! I take the ERC every 2 years, period. Get funny looks from some of the "old-time" riders (you see 'em in every dealership, been ridin' 1-2k miles/yr for 20 years) who let me know it's a waste of their time because they're "so experienced". Every once in a while I'll get one of the real condescendin' ones that says "Oh, you must not've been riding long!" I smile and agree, explainin' that ah've only ridden for 40 years now, an' only average 'bout 15k/year. They usually git quiet an' find somethin' they ain't seen before...

I donated an ERC certificate to be given away at our next HOG meeting - if I can git even one more rider in, it's worth it.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:04 AM
Beeracuda
Road Master

I took the BRC course September 05 and the ERC at the Golden Aspen Rally in September 06. I plan on taking it again this September. And the net cost will only be $15 because you get a $50 credit if you are a HOG member. It doesn't take much time and it good to brush up on things. I believe I am a better rider after the ERC last year.

Quick Reply: MSF Course