Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Sirius/XM module on 2015 Ultra limited

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015 | 06:12 PM
cycleman50
|
Advanced
Default Installing Sirius/XM module on 2015 Ultra limited

Has anyone installed the Sirius/XM module on an Ultra Limited?? Dealer wants a whole lot of money for module and as much to install it. Seems like it would be like the CB module which you mount and plug in (I know on my '07 there was a plug already on the bike which was just like the CB plug. The mechanic plugged the XM into the CB module so I didn't have a CB until I found the mistake!). Only other thing I can think of is the placing of the antenna. Anyone seen or installed the module?? Any information would be much appreciated.

Old 07-01-2015 | 06:30 PM
harleydude-fla
Cruiser

About an hour to install. Remove outer fairing, take plate off back of the radio and plug in the XM module. Bolt on antenna mount bracket and attach & plug in antenna. Put it all back together, move bike outside to get Sat. Signal and the software will upload automatically. I believe you will get a 90 day free subscription also but you will need to get the radio ID number and call Serius/XM to be able to use it. You also will get Traffic, Weather Radar, Fuel Prices with the free trial. You DO NOT need the dealer to do any magic to make it work although some of them seem to want you to think so. It truly is Plug & Play. Good Luck ��

Old 07-01-2015 | 08:02 PM
Smittyjf
Road Captain

Order it from Kutter HD, I believe its around 319.00.
Check out some of the threads on mounting the antenna on the top by the vent opening. I get better signal with it there, but it still sucks in NE PA with the mountains and trees everywhere.
When I called for my trial, they kept insisting on a credit card so I wouldn't "loose the great programming" they offer. I said no, that I'd call well enough in advance if I decided to keep it.....Well my turn off date was last year and it's still going strong, Even the weather and other services are still on.
Funny thing is that usually when they hit the Big red turn on button a few times a year, it kills any radios not subscribed when that event ends. I waited earlier in the month when they did it, but it's still on.