Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bagger tip over

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 12:43 AM
crackercap
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bagger tip over

well it happened today, lost my balance and my bagger fell over on right side. Rode this bagger up an down my graveled lane at home, got the drive paved and this happens, the worst part, I had to get my wife to help me get it upright again, light damage though, just broke the front brake lever and a light scratch oncrash bar.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:51 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: bagger tip over

With the proper lifting technique, you won't have to have your wife help you lift your bike the next time.....In short, you put your butt against the seat, grab the bike by the bars with one hand and on the rear somewhere with the other. Bend you knees and take baby steps walking backwards till the bike is upright. Just be careful not to flop it over on the other side. Using this technique, I'll bet your wife can lift your bike while you wipe away the tears.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:53 AM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel your pain. Worst part is having to get your wife to help right the bike (been there before myself). Have since learned how to lift the bike by myself, and I'm short, so it can be done. Do some searches here and you'll find the link. Sorry about the damage, but at least you weren't hurt (physically that is).

Old 04-29-2007, 01:01 AM
bigride
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont know what to say except sorry!! that is my worst fear and probably everyones just glad you wern't hurt

Old 04-29-2007, 01:35 AM
ringonking
Advanced

get the video ride like a pro.it shows you how to right a bike by yourself.just like xxx says,but if you drop it on the right side they tell you to put the jiffy stand down so when you right the bike and it goes the other way it will lean on the stand.just becareful and not let the bike fall hard!!!

Old 04-29-2007, 01:38 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd be crying like a baby if my bike went down like that! OMG sorry to hear about the drop... Once that bigcruiser starts going over it's awfully hard to stop it!

Old 04-29-2007, 03:11 AM
Neil
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

I owned a 1500 Gold Wing for 6.5 years and never dropped it in my driveway. (Just talking about the driveway) I owned my 02 Ultra for about 3-4 months and layed it over in the driveway. Gravel, slight incline (going downhill of course) and no wife to help. Used the techniques for lifting a Gold Wing witha few modifications. I feel your pain.

Old 04-29-2007, 03:28 AM
harleyxlc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lots of us have been here. Your ego will recover, maybe

+1 on the technique to lift the bike, I am a short woman and I can lift a 700 lb bike without using the "back to the bike" technique, but just by using a good technique, use those legs. The "back to the bike" version will help anyone lift any bike!

Old 04-29-2007, 03:40 AM
ahab211
Cruiser

Hi, I left my wheel lock on and went to drive away with my wife and it dropped like a rock. other then picking it up as quick as possible before anyone saw me there was minor damage. Don't feel alone we all make blunders.

Old 04-29-2007, 04:39 AM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 197 Likes on 135 Posts

bikes are tippy....

Quick Reply: bagger tip over