Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with LED saddlebag tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 12:11 PM
cantgrowup
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with LED saddlebag tail lights

I bought my first HD back in Feb, a brand new 2015 Street Glide Special. A month later I ordered the HD marketed Electra Glo LED Saddlebag Run/Brake/Turn Lamp strips (67800448 ... I typed 67800241 incorrectly in my OP) from Surdyke and installed them myself. My buddy had installed these same light strips on his 2014 Street Glide Special a year earlier and I liked the way they looked on his.

However, when we went riding together for the first time, we both noticed that both of our right LED bars were not working correctly with brake and turn signal functions. Sometimes it would not come on brighter for braking (sometimes it would hesitate) and at other times it would not work as a turn signal. The left LED strip on both bikes seems to work correctly. We bought these kits a year apart so it's doubtful that they came from the same lot.

Has anyone else out there had similar problems with these LED light strips on their bikes?

There was nothing in the instructions about needing any kind of load balancer and I have tried running the "hazard" function on the bike for 5 minutes. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the junctions several times.

Last edited by cantgrowup; 06-24-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:36 PM
twosailin
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I believe you purchased the wrong lights. They make three different ones. Street Glide, Road glide, or ultra, they also have them in smoked. So there are actually six different sets. I bought some for my ultra, would have problems when turn signal was engaged. I too had the wrong set. The dealer let me just swap out the module, as the lights were already on the bags. One would think they would all be the same but the module must be different! Check out part #67800448

Old 06-24-2015, 03:01 PM
cantgrowup
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twosailin
I believe you purchased the wrong lights. They make three different ones. Street Glide, Road glide, or ultra, they also have them in smoked. So there are actually six different sets. I bought some for my ultra, would have problems when turn signal was engaged. I too had the wrong set. The dealer let me just swap out the module, as the lights were already on the bags. One would think they would all be the same but the module must be different! Check out part #67800448
You're right. My mistake... I looked up the part in my catalog and copied the wrong number. I meant to type 67800448. I went back and looked up my Surdyke order and that's what I ordered for my FLHXS.