Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCIII and Security System

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Rotorcycle
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCIII and Security System

Brand new to the forum. Therefore, hopefully I'm allowed at least one dumb question. Just bought an '07 Ultra.I'm adding the HD SmartSecurity System after the fact (i.e. did not get it installed by dealer when I bought the bike). Also, planning on doing a Stage I upgrade with SE A/C, V&H pipes and a PCIII. Since (as I understand it) the PCIII "piggybacks" on your Fuel Control Module, and the Security system works (again as I understand it) by disabling your fuel module, is there going to be a problem when I add both the Security system and the PCIII? Thanks.

Old 04-28-2007, 07:47 PM
SMT
Tourer
Default RE: PCIII and Security System

NO

Old 04-28-2007, 07:52 PM
tarheelrdr
Tourer

Not a problem, I've got an 04 ultra w/security and a pc111 installed before I picked it up and works just fine.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:17 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Before buying the security module from MoCo, you might check out Digitalguarddawg.com It appears to be very similar and very simple to install. It is on my wish list. Unless someone knows why I shouldn't. Or has one and has any comment on it I should know about?

Old 04-29-2007, 11:21 AM
pointswhat
Road Captain

Not sure but I think the Security system needs to be installed by the dealer. Someting with the buttonless fob being programed to the module. I would do a search here on the forum about it.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:28 AM
dchoran
Road Warrior

I did both on my '05 Ultra- DIY deals- lots of room in there - spot designed for the Secuity box and the PCIII just piggybacks on top of the ECM. Good moves

Old 04-30-2007, 03:30 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 448 Likes on 309 Posts

ORIGINAL: pointswhat

Not sure but I think the Security system needs to be installed by the dealer. Someting with the buttonless fob being programed to the module. I would do a search here on the forum about it.
Nope. Just pull off the ecm mount and there is a place on the back for the siren and the plug is right there. If your going to want a pager you need the Siren II not the regular siren. The Siren II has an antenna wire that runs along the frame so it can communicate with the pager. You don't have to program anything to add the siren. All new HD's come with an alarm installed you just have to add the siren to let you hear it. Other wise the lights just flash. Be prepared to buy a lot of pager batteries if you use it a lot. I only use my pager when the bike is parked out of sight. When it's at my apartment the alarm will allow me to hear it outside my bedroom window (20 feet).

I also have a PCIII on my RK. I mounted it on top of the ECM and havn't had a bit of problems. I did both the siren and the PCIII at the same time. Good luck on your install.