Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Highway pegs on street glide

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015 | 04:43 PM
campos
Tourer

Originally Posted by hemi1300
Considering purchasing a set for my 14 sgs, do they really help out on longer rides to stretch out your legs? There are so many options, want to stay HD brand but man they aren't cheap! Would like the adjustable brackets with matching footpegs (think they are the streamliner), total cost I think is around $200-250

not sure if you're looking for black or not but I will sell you mine for $50

Old 06-20-2015 | 07:35 PM
hemi1300
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by campos
not sure if you're looking for black or not but I will sell you mine for $50
Damn, thank you for the offer but want chrome pegs to match

Old 06-20-2015 | 08:02 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member

They do help big time. Both knees bad. HD products are expensive but you get what you pay for. Your bike wasn't cheap, why buy cheap parts. Good luck.

Old 06-20-2015 | 09:14 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

Once you install a set, you will wonder how you ever got along without them. I have one set of toes up on my hyway pegs pretty much every moment the bike is in motion. At least for this fat old man, they are a true "must have" accessory.

Old 06-20-2015 | 11:04 PM
Ras3382
Novice

Hemi one thing you gotta take into consideration is your height. I bought the short angle HD mounts and they were not comfortable for me being over 6' so I replaced them with the billet engine guard mounts which just go straight out from the crash bar. My riding buddy is probably 5'8" and has the long angle HD mounts. So really it's what makes you comfortable. I've got 19k on my 13 SG and the highway pegs have been on there the whole time. I'd be lost without them.

Old 06-21-2015 | 05:32 AM
hemi1300
|
Road Captain

Found a set of streamliner pegs from a 15 sg on craigslist for $80 that I am picking up today. Now just have to decide on what bracket I want, thinking either the 360 bracket or long adjustable. I'm 6'1" with a 34" inseam

Old 06-21-2015 | 06:14 AM
LS Bob
Road Warrior

Hemi...
If you have the chance to go to the dealership and compare the brackets, you will find them confusing. Do not assume the Long Adjustable are necessarily the right choice for longer legs. I am not the engineer that designed them, but I think those brackets are really meant to bring the pegs out and around lowers, which your stock SG obviously does not have. The Short Angle brackets may work just fine for you as well as some straight ones. What you really need is adjustability so you can move them around till you find a position perfect for your requirements.
I have my pegs so I can have the ***** of my feet on them with heels on the boards. I also can put my feet on them or hang my heels all the way over them to have my legs completely straight. It took some experimenting and I am probably not done fiddling, but they are an extremely important mod which, as long as my legs are, and as much as my knees hurt, I could not be without.
My Long Angled brackets are actually upside down on the crash bar in order to get them where I wanted them. As I said, you will have to experiment.

Old 06-21-2015 | 06:36 AM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member

Considering purchasing a set for my 14 sgs, do they really help out on longer rides to stretch out your legs? There are so many options, want to stay HD brand but man they aren't cheap! Would like the adjustable brackets with matching footpegs (think they are the streamliner), total cost I think is around $200-250
Here's what you want.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...peg-combo.html

Old 06-21-2015 | 06:52 AM
hemi1300
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by LS Bob
Hemi...
If you have the chance to go to the dealership and compare the brackets, you will find them confusing. Do not assume the Long Adjustable are necessarily the right choice for longer legs. I am not the engineer that designed them, but I think those brackets are really meant to bring the pegs out and around lowers, which your stock SG obviously does not have. The Short Angle brackets may work just fine for you as well as some straight ones. What you really need is adjustability so you can move them around till you find a position perfect for your requirements.
I have my pegs so I can have the ***** of my feet on them with heels on the boards. I also can put my feet on them or hang my heels all the way over them to have my legs completely straight. It took some experimenting and I am probably not done fiddling, but they are an extremely important mod which, as long as my legs are, and as much as my knees hurt, I could not be without.
My Long Angled brackets are actually upside down on the crash bar in order to get them where I wanted them. As I said, you will have to experiment.
It is confusing just looking at them online deciding which one would work best. Wondering if just a normal crash bar mount would work if I use the streamliner pegs, gonna talk to the parts guy at my dealer and see what they recommend

Old 06-21-2015 | 07:35 AM
sanman4ever
Club Member
Riders Club Member

It is confusing just looking at them online deciding which one would work best. Wondering if just a normal crash bar mount would work if I use the streamliner pegs, gonna talk to the parts guy at my dealer and see what they recommend
The normal crash bar mounts worked for me. I have a 32" inseam. I got a good deal on the billet mounts but those required a little more adjustments. I had to angle them in a bit more.

Quick Reply: Highway pegs on street glide