Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tourer accessories on ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 02:21 PM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by royston
Cheers fellas,
anybody have thoughts on the docking kits, and racks etc?
Im guessing the same applies.

Thanks

I purchased a sissy bar, and a luggage rack off eBay, what I did was look for a seller where I could read the feed back from previous people who had purchased and commented on the quality of the chrome and hardware, until I found a reputable seller then made my purchase.

With that said, yes I was happy with the over all quality, and saved $$$$.

Old 06-21-2015, 11:01 PM
royston
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks, everybody, for your thoughts.

I decided to place an order and will feedback here once it arrives for future reference.

All the best

R

Old 07-08-2015, 03:35 PM
royston
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Update

OK, I ordered a backrest and docking kit for my SGS, and have to say the kit looks cool, the docking kit in particular looks and fitted fine.
I'm having a few issues fitting the backrest, going to give it another go tomorrow, fingers crossed.
Cheers

Old 07-08-2015, 04:56 PM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Received 9,514 Likes on 3,232 Posts

Originally Posted by JimTJr
, but in response to the "You get what you pay for, or rather what you don't pay for" comment,, I disagree, it's not always the case,, probably most times, but I've bought things from Harbor Freight, or Northern,, super cheap, but was fine for what I needed,, so It's a crap shoot.
Just because it was" fine for what you needed ", does not mean you got something you didn't pay for. What may be fine for you, doesn't constitute quality. There is nothing from Harbor Freight I would either buy or use. Their quality is not sufficient, regardless of price. I use tools, equipment and supplies daily. I prefer to buy my tools one time. The only items I can think of that I buy to be disposable are paper towels, paper plates, Bic lighters and of course, toilet paper.

The best I can tell, tools from Harbor Freight and toilet paper have the same use.

Old 07-08-2015, 06:45 PM
cruzrtwdgt
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
Just because it was" fine for what you needed ", does not mean you got something you didn't pay for. What may be fine for you, doesn't constitute quality. There is nothing from Harbor Freight I would either buy or use. Their quality is not sufficient, regardless of price. I use tools, equipment and supplies daily. I prefer to buy my tools one time. The only items I can think of that I buy to be disposable are paper towels, paper plates, Bic lighters and of course, toilet paper.

The best I can tell, tools from Harbor Freight and toilet paper have the same use.
Your opinion. Tools I use every day, I get high quality. Tools I intend to use once, such as a tile saw for a bathroom renovation in my home, I will get from HF or NT. Have a knock off Dremel multitool bought like this and it still performs after 3 years.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:08 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

cheap an billet don't go together...most of that stuff is polished cast aluminum.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:25 PM
wethead103
Cruiser
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Next time you guys go to a dealer, look at some of the chrome goodies hanging on the walls. Most say Made in China. I have purchased things from eBay not only for my bikes but also my Muscle cars. I must say I've had pretty good luck however, you have buy from a reputable seller.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:23 AM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,724 Likes on 843 Posts

My rule of thumb is if the guy has 5000 feedbacks and 100% positive or 35000 and 99.7, I feel comfortable buying. If he has 1000 feedback and 95% positive, I stay away. I will even pay a few bucks more for same item if that seller has more positive feedbacks.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:28 PM
Bama J
Tourer
Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnut1
My rule of thumb is if the guy has 5000 feedbacks and 100% positive or 35000 and 99.7, I feel comfortable buying. If he has 1000 feedback and 95% positive, I stay away. I will even pay a few bucks more for same item if that seller has more positive feedbacks.
I do the same. I've been buying and selling on eBay for 15 years. Sometimes you do get what you pay for, but not always. If you're careful enough and do enough research, you'll come out ahead "most" of the time. And the times that you don't, just chalk it up as part of the game. If you find 4 good deals and the 5th is a bust, you're probably still ahead of the curve.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:46 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited

Your loss is my gain.
I have four 4 1/2" grinders two of which have already seen their 10th birthday, the other two are going on 8 years. No problems - I can't kill them no matter how much abuse I give them. I have some of their other stuff that won't die either.
If you've never bought and/or used any if their products you're just talking out your fanny.
I'm not saying HF is known for high quality tools - just that one shouldn't dismiss everything they have because it doesn't say Snap-on or Milwaukee on the side.

Quick Reply: Tourer accessories on ebay?