Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Power Duels vs. S&S Power Tune Duels

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 07:16 PM
usmcbuck
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H Power Duels vs. S&S Power Tune Duels

Which one and why? My first pick is V&H but after reading info on here in several threads about touching ground with them. Plus talking with my Dealership and them confirming that for aggressive riders. They suggested the S&S if that was something you would worry about.

Will be going with V&H Hi-Output slip-on this I do know for Road Glide Special.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:48 PM
rug204
Intermediate
Default V&H

I have V&H power duals on a ultra limited lowered never had a issue with them touching very happy with them

Old 06-17-2015, 08:57 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,833 Likes on 1,078 Posts

Two different type of systems. The Power Duals will give you better overall power and torque than the True Duals from S&S.

Old 06-17-2015, 10:42 PM
Tonebone
2nd Gear

Are there remapping issues/requirements for the vance and Hines duals? . I have a SE Stage 1 kit on my 14 streetglide. But was wondering about remapping if I installed duals. Thanks in advance..... Tone bone.

Old 06-18-2015, 12:05 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,833 Likes on 1,078 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonebone
Are there remapping issues/requirements for the vance and Hines duals? . I have a SE Stage 1 kit on my 14 streetglide. But was wondering about remapping if I installed duals. Thanks in advance..... Tone bone.
Depends entirely on what system you have on your bike at the present time. If it's a free flowing header with a set of good resonators/mufflers in a dual configuration, no, you're good with out any further tuning. If you have a 2 into 2 system you'll need to re-tune it.

Old 06-18-2015, 05:10 AM
freedub2003
Tourer

I have the S&S Power Tune Duals. They are a 2-1-2. simply a crossover tube. I had the shop install them when my motor was built. They were skeptical if they would make the power they were accustomed to. To be honest they were surprised at the power they made. See my signature below for power info.
I am extremely happy with this product.

Old 06-18-2015, 05:34 AM
usmcbuck
Tourer

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
Two different type of systems. The Power Duals will give you better overall power and torque than the True Duals from S&S.
The S&S are a 2-1-2 like the V&H

Old 06-18-2015, 06:30 AM
FloridaHarleyRider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by usmcbuck
The S&S are a 2-1-2 like the V&H
And they look good (like a true dual system) and don't have that big chamber that will scrape, at least on a street glide or other lowered touring bike. S&S does produce quality products.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:39 PM
motolocopat
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Haven't dragged my V&H's and I think there design would be better flowing than the S&S which is just a balance tube. Granted the S&S do look to be a True Dual setup.

You might want to look into the HO slipons as you might wind up with to little back pressure unless you have a real hot 110"+ motor.

The Monster Rounds should flow more than enough for any 103-107"

Old 06-18-2015, 06:19 PM
dukdog
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I had the power duals on my 2010 Ultra and rode over 60,000 miles and never did I scrape the header or the cross over. On that bike I paired the header with CFR's. Dyno tune took care of any issues. On the 2015 Limited I went again with the power duals but installed the High Outputs in lieu of the CFR's. Yet to do the dyno but the stage 1 download has the bike running fine. Good fortune on your decision.

Quick Reply: V&H Power Duels vs. S&S Power Tune Duels