Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust / AC / Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 03:45 AM
ATM983
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Exhaust / AC / Tuner

There is so many different combos to run...but I got a great deal on a set of twin slash rounds from my buddy. Gonna be running the V&H twin slah rounds, dresser duals and screaming eagle stage 1 AC. Looking at the screaming eagle tuner as well. Does anyone have any input on this combo. I am not set on the tuner, however, the word at the dealer is to run the SE. I wanna stick with an A/C that fits under the stock cover, just my preference. I like the look of the stock chrome cover. Thanks for all the advice!

Old 06-12-2015, 03:45 AM
ATM983
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry, meant to say I am going to buy a tuner one way or another. Just not sure on which is best for this combo.

Old 06-12-2015, 03:52 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 487 Posts

No tuner is gonna be better than any other for a specific combo.. Your exhaust set up isn't much different than any other exhaust set up.. Same goes for the air cleaner, big sucker, screamin eagle same thing.. Any tuner will work from the cheapest to the most expensive what matters is what you want out of it

Old 06-12-2015, 05:15 AM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by ATM983
Sorry, meant to say I am going to buy a tuner one way or another. Just not sure on which is best for this combo.
As suggested above, most real, full-featured tuners should give good results. I'd certainly stay away from those fuel-only type devices.

Old 06-12-2015, 05:29 AM
Backforty
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,698 Likes on 1,867 Posts

Originally Posted by ATM983
There is so many different combos to run...but I got a great deal on a set of twin slash rounds from my buddy. Gonna be running the V&H twin slah rounds, dresser duals and screaming eagle stage 1 AC. Looking at the screaming eagle tuner as well. Does anyone have any input on this combo. I am not set on the tuner, however, the word at the dealer is to run the SE. I wanna stick with an A/C that fits under the stock cover, just my preference. I like the look of the stock chrome cover. Thanks for all the advice!
Your choice of tuner might depend on what future mods you intend to make. If you think stage 1 is about it, why lay out a bunch of cash for a tuner with features you'll never use ?. What are you riding ?

Old 06-12-2015, 06:16 AM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

All the above

I can add that I had the Vance & Hines Twin Slash Rounds, Se intake and The Cobra Power Ports they are a lot like the dress duals great sound and good performance over stock.
I think you will be real happy with your set up, over stock.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:36 AM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadKing 2014
Your choice of tuner might depend on what future mods you intend to make. If you think stage 1 is about it, why lay out a bunch of cash for a tuner with features you'll never use ?. What are you riding ?
I completely disagree. A stock bike, even with no mods, will normally benefit from a proper tune.

I think the real question should be...why lay out any cash on something that doesn't provide all the features needed to actually tune the bike...

But then again, some are into a mediocre/generic running bike...

Old 06-12-2015, 06:58 AM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,575 Likes on 1,969 Posts

Arlen Ness Makes a Air Cleaner to fit under the OEM cover:
http://www.arlenness.com/prodcat/Air1.asp

I've used a few different tuners, Thundermax, TTS and DynoJet, never had a Screamin Eagle tuner. I like the Dynojet PV2, easy to use and so far for me excellent results with no issues. I put the Power Vision 2 on both our FLHTKs with stage one and they run great. You can check out Fuel Moto's site they have a package deal, Tuner and Air Cleaner that sounds like a good deal.

Last edited by Vernal; 06-12-2015 at 07:12 AM.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:24 AM
fwb35
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I like the Vance & Hines FP3 fuel pak tuner, it blue tooths to your phone and has an auto tune mode that tunes your bike while you ride, put a map on your bike then auto tune for fine tuning, is a great product.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:50 AM
Backforty
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,698 Likes on 1,867 Posts

Originally Posted by Pine Tree
I completely disagree. A stock bike, even with no mods, will normally benefit from a proper tune.

I think the real question should be...why lay out any cash on something that doesn't provide all the features needed to actually tune the bike...

But then again, some are into a mediocre/generic running bike...
I didn't say no tuner! But a $1000.00 dollar unit that requires a laptop and then a dyno run, could be a waste of money.

Quick Reply: Exhaust / AC / Tuner