Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

road king or street glide....your thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 09:32 AM
stglidegirl
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: road king or street glide....your thoughts

Just a thought, is your wife interested in riding by herself, keep the streetbob for her and get yourself a streetglide. You will
have the best of both worlds.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:08 AM
03FLHT2
Advanced

I must say after riding a classic and a ultra for a quite a few years now when last year I took my bike into the dealer for a recall on something stupid, one of the owners threw me the keys to their RK to go riding while they did the work felt like a bicycle under my arms. The front end was cheesy and sucked. I like the feel of a batwing, must be because of riding one for over 20 years.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:57 AM
zorro
Cruiser

Best kept secret in Harley Land - "The Road Glide" - check one out !!!

Old 04-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 77 Likes on 30 Posts

RK- because:
quick release windshield
'tapered' bags
passing lamps
wide white walls

very versatile (with quick release components)

SG's are cool as hell though- and i woulda bought one if the fairing was removable

Old 04-28-2007, 11:47 PM
DoCPooF
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm fortunate enough to have both.

If you plan on keeping your street bob (which it seems you do) then go with the Street Glide.

The road king is fun, take off the windshield and feel the breeze. But you can do that now with your Bob.

Street Glide you have the fairing for wind protection and the best part is you have TUNES! My street glide actually feels like a lighter bike when riding but actually is heavier then the RK.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:56 AM
Greybeardrider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bobberino,
You saidyou were going to test ride each model. I think that's the way to go. Be sure the wife goes and rides on them with you, then you both can make a more informed decision. I'm betting you'll go home with a SG. Good luck!

Old 04-29-2007, 08:50 AM
balders
6th Gear

I had a RKC for 2 years 16000 miles, loved the bike, then took a test ride on a Street Glide and traded it in, reason....daft as it seems as both bikes are basically the same with the SG being heavier, the Glide seems to handle better and I found it more comfortable and it looks great too!

I had a stage 11 with SE203 cams on both bikes with V & H ovals and fuelpak on the ST/G instead of SE pipes on the RK, it not only sounds better it goesbetter....like stink! Also just had the pipesand air filter black ceramic coated, head turner or wot

It's like an armchair on wheels with tunes, I've done 10,000 miles in 8 months all over Europe, going to Spain in June...can't wait, best Hog I have had and I've had the lot from Dyna's to Softtails and even a VRod, yuk big mistake, GET A STREET GLIDE you won't be dissapointed

Balders[8D]

Old 04-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I really like my Road King, but my next bike will have the batwing fairing for greater wind control. I recently road a Street Glide and that short 4" windshield would have to be replaced with something a couple of inches taller. The stock windshield directs a blast of air straight to my face. It's a cheap fix, and the features of the batwing fairing are very desirable. I really like the style of the Street Glide. Both are great bikes.

Old 04-30-2007, 03:28 AM
Bobberino
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Today we road to a stealership and a buddy that went with us knew the salesman there. Long time family friend and so he introduced me and we talked. I sat on charcoal street glide and had my wife sit on it as well. That was one of the first things. I didnt ask for a test ride but did ask him if i can call him in a week or so about test riding one. So my transition is actually startin. I got on it and was amazed how it felt. Im gonna be testin both of the bikes in the week or so to come. Ill keep you guys informed. As far as my wife riding my street bob, yeah she said no. She loves the nightster. As far as me keepin my street bob, thats the plan, but you know there is no plan in life. I will keep everyone informed of whats goin on. Hopefully, a brand new Harley will be sittin in my garage soon. Thanks again for lookin and all the imputs!!!!