Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 02:35 AM
magnoliarunner
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues

My Ultra, bought new in 2005, went out of warranty on March 14, 2007.
The first street bike I have ever owned.
Rattlein the fairing area. Strike 1
RF speaker played only sometimes. Strike 2
Last night I was changing out the seathold down bracket andjust now noticedthat about 12 inches of the seat covering had not been stapled from the factory. Strike 3
No help from dealer while in warranty on the rattle, said it was hard to pinpoint.
Opened up the fairing and both horizontal brackets were broken.
Didn't fiqure they would do anything about the speakers either. So I bought Hogtunes speakers.
I swapped out the brackets, swapped out the speakers, and stapled the seat covering.
Is this what Harleys are about?
I thought Harleys were made better than this.
How many strikes before I am out? LOL
One thing is, I am getting to know how to work on it whether I like it or not. Cringe.
magnoliarunner

Old 04-27-2007, 03:10 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Issues

Well, a lot of times it can be a combination of things that go wrong. In this instance, you've got a lazy service department that talked YOU out of pursuing a warranty issue. I'd have simply told 'em ta keep looking until they found it. They WOULD have replaced the speaker, too. Sounds to me like what you need is a different dealer...

My dealer treats me like gold - I can walk into the service area at any time. The mechanics are always available to talk to (I am VERY careful NOT to abuse that privelege). Coming off a Goldwing, there's lots of things I "brought with me" in terms of equipment/style things ah'm usin' ta bring the bike ta mah satisfaction, and they're always askin' me what ah'm up to *this* week. I try hard to be an asset to them, as well, givin' 'em input from a touring standpoint in terms of gear an' set-up.

Then again, I DID git the extended warranty, just in case.