Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0577 Cruise Control Input High

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 10:06 AM
mwacosta
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool P0577 Cruise Control Input High

I have a 2012 Street Glide with 13.5K miles. Got a engine light with a trouble code P0577 which indicates cruise control input high. Anyone else seen this issue/code. Any potential fixes?

Thanks in advance!!

mwacosta

Old 05-29-2015, 12:07 PM
Shadowbennie
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

It could be a few things from what I understand, cruise switch itself gone bad, have you changed handlebars recently? If so, you may have nicked a wire, or maybe damaged the front brake lever switch. Also consider the rear brake switch too, could be barely engaging, causing a code too. If all brake lights work as they should and the dropdown test for the cruise switch works, consider my situation:

I experienced the same thing, cruise would intermittently work & I was getting the same code. The drop down test would work sometimes, and other times would take some futzing with the cruise set switch to get it to pass the test. I went ahead and bought a replacement, but when I opened the fairing to check out how to run the new switch wiring, I found that the wire harness had been resting on my fairing inner support bracket and had rubbed through some insulation on a couple of wires, causing a short. Although it wasn't the actual cruise switch wiring that had rubbed through, it was on the same harness, which was throwing a code, which would not allow the cruise to work (the system went into engine protect mode). As soon as I found the damaged wires and wrapped 'em up with electrical tape, the cruise worked just fine and no more code.

Just something to check, along with the other possible sources I mentioned.

I probably missed one or two, so hopefully others will chime in with their input as well.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:53 PM
mwacosta
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the input. I am going to work on it and see if I can figure it out. It would be nice to find the smoking gun!

Thanks again,
mwacosta