Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SUSPENSION (LOWERING & IMPROVEMENT)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007 | 06:04 PM
Alamo
|
Advanced
Default SUSPENSION (LOWERING & IMPROVEMENT)

I need some guidance on the suspension for my SG. My objective is to lower the bike by an 1" and while not deminishingthe suspension performance. I am considering front and rear products from Progessive Suspension www.progressivesuspension.com:

[ul][*]440 12" rear shocks (OEM rear shock height is 13")[*]1" lowering kit for the front springs[/ul]
Could anyone weigh in on the rideabilityimpact of lower the bike by 1"?

Does anyone have any experience (positive or negative) with Progressive Suspension?

Sure appreciate thoughts and comments!

Old 04-26-2007 | 06:09 PM
Blueslover
Cruiser
Default RE: SUSPENSION (LOWERING & IMPROVEMENT)

ORIGINAL: Alamo

I need some guidance on the suspension for my SG. My objective is to lower the bike by an 1" and while not deminishingthe suspension performance. I am considering front and rear products from Progessive Suspension www.progressivesuspension.com:
[ul][*]440 12" rear shocks (OEM rear shock height is 13")[*]1" lowering kit for the front springs[/ul]

Could anyone weigh in on the rideabilityimpact of lower the bike by 1"?

Does anyone have any experience (positive or negative) with Progressive Suspension?

Sure appreciate thoughts and comments!
The Progressive 440 shock is a vast improvement over stock, though better is available for a price. For front suspension, the stock forks pretty much are awful, so lowering them is only going to make matters worse. If you really want the bike to ride/handle the best it possibly can, check out Traxxion Dynamics fork cartridge system. I have them on my bike and it is like riding a different bike. They can set them up 1" lower and you'll still have the best ride you can get, bar none, IMO. Warning: it ain't cheap, but you don't get something for nothing.