Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERT Download Help for 07 Street Glide!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 03:48 PM
cabowabodude
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SERT Download Help for 07 Street Glide!!

Ihave an07 Street Glide and added the HD Screamin' Eagle, Street Legal Big Bore Stage II Kit for EFI Model - 1690cc (96 to a 103), Includes Stage II (SE-255) cams, Big Bore cylinders, Big Bore flat top pistons, clips, and a Stage I Air Cleaner Kit with one-piece backplate, integral breathers, all mounting hardware, and gaskets. Also included a high performance clutch spring and catalyst mufflers, and HD download when I purchased the bike.
The other day I put on some Rinehart True Duals. I was waiting for my SERT (32107-01G) to come in, and it finally has.
What would be the proper "Temp Calibration/file to download in order for me to ride my bike 40 miles to a dealer so hecan Dyno it?I thinkthe correct Calibration would be on page 38 of 39,
Calibration # 88: 2007 Touring Exhaust with O2 Sensors
Configuration: 1690 Stage 2
File Name: 159PS004-A1.MT6

Is this the correct calibration # for me? I'm looking for asecond opinion, maybe some reassurance. I don't want to download the wrong program.When they list the Exhaust as "Race Exhaust" does that fit. "Every aftermarket Exhaust" and then you just dial in your bike when you have it Dyno'd?

Thanks
Mark

Old 04-26-2007, 06:08 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: SERT Download Help for 07 Street Glide!!

ORIGINAL: cabowabodude

Ihave an07 Street Glide and added the HD Screamin' Eagle, Street Legal Big Bore Stage II Kit for EFI Model - 1690cc (96 to a 103), Includes Stage II (SE-255) cams, Big Bore cylinders, Big Bore flat top pistons, clips, and a Stage I Air Cleaner Kit with one-piece backplate, integral breathers, all mounting hardware, and gaskets. Also included a high performance clutch spring and catalyst mufflers, and HD download when I purchased the bike.
The other day I put on some Rinehart True Duals. I was waiting for my SERT (32107-01G) to come in, and it finally has.
What would be the proper "Temp Calibration/file to download in order for me to ride my bike 40 miles to a dealer so hecan Dyno it?I thinkthe correct Calibration would be on page 38 of 39,
Calibration # 88: 2007 Touring Exhaust with O2 Sensors
File Name: 159PS004-A1.MT6

Is this the correct calibration # for me? I'm looking for asecond opinion, maybe some reassurance. I don't want to download the wrong program.When they list the Exhaust as "Race Exhaust" does that fit. "Every aftermarket Exhaust" and then you just dial in your bike when you have it Dyno'd?

Thanks
Mark
I'm at work right now, but I will be able to respond when I get home since all my SERT info is on my home computer.

For true duals, you want the map that matches the Shotgun/Shorty Exhaust map, as the touring map closely mimicks a 2:1 type header.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:29 PM
WVULTRA
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cabowabodude:

I think UltraKla$$ic would agree with me and recommend this as a starting map:
Calibration # 69: 2007 Shotgun / Shorty Dual Exhaust with O2 Sensors
File Name: S159MS002-A1.MT6
Components:
• 25deg Injectors P/N 27709-06
• SE Air Cleaner and Breather Kit P/N 29440-99B
• SE Big Bore Cylinders P/N 16546-99 or 16549-99
• SE Big Bore Flat Top Pistons P/N 21966-07
• SE 255 Cams P/N 25638-07
• Race Exhaust
With the tru duals, most tuners recommend starting with a Dyna/Softail map that's close to the actual configuration. And IMO, "Race Exhaust" refers to anything not H-D/EPA compliant. Basically any aftermarket exhaust.
HTH's
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 04-26-2007, 09:36 PM
hdxbones
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

The shotgun/shorty cal is #69, 159MS002-A1. The VE tables look a little more balanced, but the ignition tables are quite a bit different than the touring cal. If it were me, I'd copy/paste the VE tables from the shotgun/shorty cal. to the touring map and lower all the 14.6 afr's to 13.9 for the ride to the dyno. I run the same build on a Roadglide as you, with V&H duals, and that would make your map fairly close to the one I have from a dyno tune. Or, if you want, I'll send you a copy of mine to get you to the dyno, I'll need your email.

HDX

Old 04-26-2007, 10:58 PM
cabowabodude
Cruiser

Guys,

Thanks for the information. I would have went with the Touring calibration # 88. But I think I will go with calibration # 69.

hdxbones:
I don't know if I want to play around with AFR's to much, are you suggesting I do this to make the bike run richer?

Mark

Old 04-26-2007, 11:22 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

The only modification I would make to the calibration WVRDKING posted is maxing out the CLB tables to 798mV...........for now. THEN either perform some Data Logging sessions and tweak it only if you know what you are doing and/or get it professionally tuned, of which, the latter is what I would indeed suggest.

HERE(<--click this link)is some light reading for you on how maxing the CLB tables are done and whatyou will gain by doing this.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:27 PM
hdxbones
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: cabowabodude

Guys,

Thanks for the information. I would have went with the Touring calibration # 88. But I think I will go with calibration # 69.

hdxbones:
I don't know if I want to play around with AFR's to much, are you suggesting I do this to make the bike run richer?

Mark

It was my experience that the SERT "canned" map was still leaner than the 'desired' AFR when I installed the true duals and dyno'd the bike. 13.9 or even 13.6 keeps it out of closed loop operation, preventing it from leaning out even more.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:57 PM
cabowabodude
Cruiser

Ultra,

I have to do some more reading of what the CLB tables do/mean.

Old 04-28-2007, 07:14 PM
cabowabodude
Cruiser

I tried to hook up my SERT today. I was unable to get my VIN, ECM PN, & CAL ID off the bike? What am I doing wrong?

Mark

Old 04-28-2007, 09:47 PM
hdxbones
Cruiser

1. Was your stop/run switch on run?
2. If you are using a USB/Serial adapter, is the speed at least 230kbps?
3. Do you have the correct comm port selected?

Quick Reply: SERT Download Help for 07 Street Glide!!