Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feedback plz re premium ride shocks & touring front lowering kit on '09 ultra

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 10:45 AM
Ytcoinshooter
Club Member
Received 311 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Feedback plz re premium ride shocks & touring front lowering kit on '09 ultra

Hi, I'm considering the premium ride hand adjustable touring shocks (low profile) and the profile low touring front lowering kit p/n 54564-09 front end kit on my '09 Ultra Classic. I also looked at a cheaper option from LAC, blocks that lower the rears by 1" keeping the same angle and a drop in kit from progressive for the front. The Progressive kit drops the front 1 1/2" so the spacer would need to be changed to equal the rear 1" drop. The LAC & Progressive option is really low cost but I don't have much feedback on the results. If you did indeed use the Harley parts how do you like it? Is there any bottoming of the forks and are they still as mushy as stock? I did go to the HD Tyson boot for riding the Ultra and it helped some but I need more leverage by lowering the bike a bit to work it out of tight spots and backing up. So far I just carefully pick where I park and watch the pavement for dips and slopes when I come to a stop.
About me: I'm no noob with touring bikes. Life member GWRRA and none of my wings had reverse. But they were easier to move around and had a lower COG. At almost 59 years old I'm 5'6 (29 inseam) with two complete hip replacements.
The touring 103's & 110 CVO's I previously test rode at Americade I believe came with a lower suspensions as part of the package.
First hand feedback is appreciated. Keep in mind the cost of the HD parts are the max I'd spend on parts, so some of the expensive aftermarket air set ups with compressors not being considered.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply.
Ride safe!

After talking to a service at the shop I was going to use for the work I decided to look at the progressive mono tube cartridge and their 944 shocks. Better quality and ride characteristics. If I pull the trigger I wanna do it right.

Last edited by Ytcoinshooter; 05-18-2015 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Gained more insight at shop.