Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bountyhunter

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 03:09 PM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bountyhunter

ORIGINAL: Kern

ORIGINAL: smknflms

Saw this and though Bountyhunter was back...just a new guy with new guy question. Thought maybe BH had sold the "black magic" and was starting over.
https://www.hdforums.com/m_1555574/m...tm.htm#1556468
Later
Oddly enough, I got a returnemail from the original BHa few days agostating that he had sold his "Black Magic" in Marchfor a SuzukiM109. Bike looks pretty sharp and was dynoed at 134hp with his mods so far.
Take care
-Kern

Whoa! Did he put a taped stripe on it yet and call it "Miami"?

Old 04-26-2007, 05:43 PM
HogBack
Road Master

What bike you ride does make a difference..... For example. thanks to each of you for being Harley riders guys and gals... if you rode anything else I would pay ZERO attention to what you had to say in the forum. Also, for example, you can see by the bikes I had in the past, that I can say that when a Harley pulls up to a bunch of metric bikes... there is "something" that does command attention.... Anyway, you may not agree, but it did for me as a non-Harley owner, but maybe because I loved the Harleys as a kid before I could ever afford one. Then when I got older they were not as dependable as I needed... all that has changed. To me it has never been about horsepower, for example my Yamaha Venture full dresser was 98 hp stock... I love my Harley.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: UGGA

ORIGINAL: petemac

I respect people, not machines. If a Suzuki floats his boat, good luck to him.
Exactly! I've had over 20 bikes, a bunch of them Harleys and a bunch of metrics too. None of my bikes ever made me any less or more of a man, regardless of brand.
/applaud to both of you.

I could give two $h!ts about what someone rides. And I certainly do NOT give a rats a$$ what anyone thinks of my rides. I've owned both metrics and standards and loved 'em all.

Two wheels, shiny side up with pegs down...that's all that matters to me. Cruiser or Crotch Rocket, standard or metric, they all make contact with the pavement the same way. You wanna run in my pack? All it takes is 2 wheels and a motor big enough to keep up!

Ride on brothers!

BBB's (bike brand biggots) are becoming dinosaurs. Wake up, and smell the gasoline boys.

And for what it's worth...my '98 Vulcan 1500 Classic ( http://www.jamesgang.net/bikes_ejvulcan1500d.asp) and my '05 Vulcan 2000 ( http://www.jamesgang.net/bikes_ejvulcan2000.asp) garnered more attention than my 2000 Road King (http://www.jamesgang.net/bikes_ejroadking.asp ) EVER did. And no one gave a crap that they weren't Harley's. It usually took them a little while to stop oogling over them to even engage me in a conversation. Yeh, I occasionally got the "heh...nice Harley there" remark. They were surprised when I told them "thanks, but not a Harley", but then they went right back to staring and drooling in between questions about the mods I'd done. The point? Me telling them they weren't Harley's did not impact their impression of me (or the bike).

Theguys who think a bike garners more respect just because of it's decal are the ones fooling themselves. They need to get over themselves and be welcomed into the new millenium. The 70's called, and they'd like their 'biker tudes' back.

I'd have bought one of those M109R's when they came out if I hadn'talready bought my '05 V2K. Damn nice bikes.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:40 PM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,790 Likes on 1,271 Posts

A bike is a bike.....I enjoy them all.....just like women some are ugly[:'(] and some are not....

My new bike...what do you all think....see below picture [8D]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1346/340748A81D504D5D9C7435EE6CDE5C0A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Longtimegone
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: CNC WHEEL GUY

Whoa! Did he put a taped stripe on it yet and call it "Miami"?
Great post!

Old 04-26-2007, 08:48 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Well said UGGA. Some people don't buy bikes to make their **** look bigger.

Cold side of biking? There is none if you have a little self esteem....

lp

ORIGINAL: UGGA

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

Ive owned them all, and know for a fact how things are. My point was missed, its not about his respect, BH is a good guy, its about what he has become acustomed to when he pulled up on that sweet SG. He loved it, talked about how evryone liked his harley. Now he will see the cold side of biking, only other suzuki riders will notice his plastic laiden machine. He will gather no respect for his ride, not from harley,honda,yamaha or others, like it or not its the truth of how it is on a non harley. Those that think this is not true, have their heads in the sand or never owned a off brand. Next time youre out at a rally or big bike get together just watch the people to see this kind of thing in action.
No - YOU missed the point. The point is, who cares about what people think about what you ride? You should have enough confidence in yourself you don't give a flip what other people think. If I sell my Harley today my true friends will still respect me just as much. As for people's reactions to my bike at a rally's, sure, my bike gets looked at all of the time. Big friggen' deal.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:48 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,238 Likes on 1,849 Posts

OK, so just because he doesn't own a Harley anymore that doesn't mean that he still can't visit and post here. I must have missed the prerequisite in the sign up section that said one must own a Harley to post. Oh well, I kinda got a kick out of some of his posts and enjoyed razzin him about clamps.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:56 PM
mariner227
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmm... I'm looking at the Suzuki 109 as maybe bike number three in my garage!

Old 04-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

ive been wondering what happened to him.

i guess the Hard Krome T-Rex's (clampfree) and the Draggin Bagger system sent him to Suzuki

Old 04-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

good

Quick Reply: Bountyhunter