Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bountyhunter

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 01:20 PM
rollover
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bountyhunter

Didn't know Aprils fools ran the whole month. This doesn't sound right to me. Do they even make T-Rex for metrics?

Old 04-26-2007, 01:21 PM
UGGA
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: petemac

I respect people, not machines. If a Suzuki floats his boat, good luck to him.
Exactly! I've had over 20 bikes, a bunch of them Harleys and a bunch of metrics too. None of my bikes ever made me any less or more of a man, regardless of brand. A motorcycle is nothing more than a bunch of rubber and steel. I think much more highly of myself than rubber and steel. I want to be respected for who I am, not what I own. I own two very expensive bikes right now - big deal, it doesn't mean squat.

Doug

Old 04-26-2007, 01:28 PM
CndUltra95
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Yah, what UGGA said....
maybe he is having a second midlife crissis and that too will soon pass.
It aint the machine... Its the man on the machine !!!
Ride Safe Every One

Old 04-26-2007, 01:40 PM
gordo24fan
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: petemac

I respect people, not machines. If a Suzuki floats his boat, good luck to him.
I'm with petemac on this one. If he is having fun on it who are we to say anything. Glad to hear he is having a good time on it.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Kern
Road Master

I've had ten different bikes over the years, sometimes moving up, sometimes laterally and a few times had to go down a notch or two with what I bought. He's stillon his own venture tryingto find the "right" bike. I don't knock him for buying what he has. Hopefully him and the Mrs stay safe and keep riding, regardless of the make.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:09 PM
77Tulsa
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder what he is going to do with all of the HD clothing that he has? Surely he won't wear it on the new ride? Or will he? BH is a good guy it seems and I would ride with him even if he did wear the HD clothing while a stride his new Japanese ride!!

Old 04-26-2007, 02:14 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ive owned them all, and know for a fact how things are. My point was missed, its not about his respect, BH is a good guy, its about what he has become acustomed to when he pulled up on that sweet SG. He loved it, talked about how evryone liked his harley. Now he will see the cold side of biking, only other suzuki riders will notice his plastic laiden machine. He will gather no respect for his ride, not from harley,honda,yamaha or others, like it or not its the truth of how it is on a non harley. Those that think this is not true, have their heads in the sand or never owned a off brand. Next time youre out at a rally or big bike get together just watch the people to see this kind of thing in action.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:19 PM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,788 Likes on 1,270 Posts

Here is shot of his new bike [&:]:
Now he can work some of his magic on this one and everyone will be in awe.....

[IMG]local://upfiles/1346/E8ECA17C09104431B4426CBEF54300ED.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-26-2007, 02:23 PM
UGGA
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

Ive owned them all, and know for a fact how things are. My point was missed, its not about his respect, BH is a good guy, its about what he has become acustomed to when he pulled up on that sweet SG. He loved it, talked about how evryone liked his harley. Now he will see the cold side of biking, only other suzuki riders will notice his plastic laiden machine. He will gather no respect for his ride, not from harley,honda,yamaha or others, like it or not its the truth of how it is on a non harley. Those that think this is not true, have their heads in the sand or never owned a off brand. Next time youre out at a rally or big bike get together just watch the people to see this kind of thing in action.
No - YOU missed the point. The point is, who cares about what people think about what you ride? You should have enough confidence in yourself you don't give a flip what other people think. If I sell my Harley today my true friends will still respect me just as much. As for people's reactions to my bike at a rally's, sure, my bike gets looked at all of the time. Big friggen' deal.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:30 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: UGGA

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

No - YOU missed the point. The point is, who cares about what people think about what you ride? You should have enough confidence in yourself you don't give a flip what other people think. If I sell my Harley today my true friends will still respect me just as much. As for people's reactions to my bike at a rally's, sure, my bike gets looked at all of the time. Big friggen' deal.
Nobody's talking about someones friends, Im talking about what he did get on his harley that he said over and over he loved,"Positive attention from people when he rode up" compared with how he will be received on his new ride. I never said he would CARE what others say or think, just it will for damn sure not be like it was on his SG.

Quick Reply: Bountyhunter