Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intercom between rider and passenger only!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 09:23 AM
pworks
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Intercom between rider and passenger only!!

Does anyone know of a simple headset to and from rider and passenger? I don't need stereo, I won't answer my phone while riding, i don't want to talk to other bikes,I don't need gps linkup. I just want to be able to have basic communication with the wife without yelling or hand signals. I've looked at all of the units like Sena and j&m and they do way more than I need. Is there something anyone's found (wired or Bluetooth) that just allows rider to passenger communication?

Old 05-13-2015, 09:45 AM
fwb35
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I bought the $40 headsets on e bay and returned them, do not work very good at all on my 2015 Ultra. I am trying these next

Amazon.com: IMC Motorcom Half Headset HS-H140P: Automotive Amazon.com: IMC Motorcom Half Headset HS-H140P: Automotive

Old 05-13-2015, 10:04 AM
bseberle
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 05-13-2015, 10:14 AM
deano360
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pworks
Does anyone know of a simple headset to and from rider and passenger? I don't need stereo, I won't answer my phone while riding, i don't want to talk to other bikes,I don't need gps linkup. I just want to be able to have basic communication with the wife without yelling or hand signals. I've looked at all of the units like Sena and j&m and they do way more than I need. Is there something anyone's found (wired or Bluetooth) that just allows rider to passenger communication?
thats how we started out, just wanting rider to rider communication... what we found out was that my wife rides her own bike and the com systems vary widely in quality.... it may be something to consider, having more variety in the head sets for your wife, such as radio or cell phone... my wife uses both radio and cell phone when we are riding 2 up... i dont use the cell or radio but she does, i wasnt thinking of that when we were looking for a set up because i dont wanna use them.... we also found some of our friends now want the com systems and it would be nice to be able to know how everyone is doing on the ride and if they need to stop and where to stop without having to stop to find out where to stop....

thats my thoughts

Old 05-13-2015, 11:03 AM
babygorilla
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

What about some of these with an earbud / mic?
http://www.motorolasolutions.com/en_...way-radio.html

Old 05-13-2015, 12:04 PM
Betteroff
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fwb35
I bought the $40 headsets on e bay and returned them, do not work very good at all on my 2015 Ultra. I am trying these next

Amazon.com: IMC Motorcom Half Headset HS-H140P: Automotive
Thanks for sharing. I just ordered 2 sets.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:14 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts
Old 05-13-2015, 12:28 PM
skibum0607
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fwb35

Amazon.com: IMC Motorcom Half Headset HS-H140P: Automotive
I have two pair of these and found the sound quality to be pretty good but they become pretty uncomfortable around your ears after an hour or two riding (at least with the half helmets my wife and I wear). Also, they fit me fine because I have a larger neck but since there is no adjustability, they don't fit my wife all that well, who has a much smaller head and neck. They flop around too much.

If I was to buy something over again it would not be the over the ear type. Just not comfortable for long rides with a helmet on. If you ride without a helmet they may be OK.

Old 05-13-2015, 02:32 PM
tOSUSteve
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

We use HD part# 77117-10 They also have this for half helmets

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-David...3D301196535575

Old 05-13-2015, 02:45 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Guys...the OP has a Street Glide. Telling him what plug in head set you are using isn't going to do him much good if he doesn't have any place to plug it into.

OP, you have two options here.

1. Put The Boom Audio Music and Intercom kit on your bike, the link I posted...then worry about which plug in head set you're gonna use.

2. Get one of the Bluetooth headsets you already looked at.

Quick Reply: Intercom between rider and passenger only!!