Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DTT Base Map for 107 ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 12:30 AM
musclehead
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DTT Base Map for 107 ??

Does anyone have a Daytona Twin Tec base map for the following:[/align][blockquote]
2007 Street Glide[/align]107 RevPerf Big Bore (flat top pistons)[/align]Andrews 31 Cams[/align]Stock Heads[/align]Stock Throttle Body & Injectors[/align]D&D Fat Cat 2-1[/align][/blockquote]
Thanks for any help you can provide.[/align]

Old 04-26-2007, 12:42 AM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: DTT Base Map for 107 ??

I just talked with Chris (engineer at DTT) today. PhilM gave me a map, and would have worked fine but I have the 6 speed and didnt want to have to go through the additional work of programming. I have a 103 with Woods.650 lift cams, 10.5:1 CR and CNC heads, 50mm throttle body. PhilM seems to be the guru on the forum along with Bryan when it comes to DTT.

Chrisindicated that thesetup file that is for the 96 inch motor would work fine if you change the parameters to what you estimate the HP might be, and include the right injector size, the system would learn and make the adjustments. He said to estimate high on the HP as the system will more readily remove a rich mixture than richen a lean mixture. I told him that I expected at least 115hp, he said to input 125hp. He also said that the stock injectors would not provide enough fuel for the bigger builds, that the duty cycle would be too high trying to get a rich enough mixture and that they should be replaced with the screaming eagle injectors part no. 27654-06 or the SE 500mm throttle body which includes the 4.89gm/sec injectors.

I have been holding of on installing the DTT as I have new pipes that should be here in a week or so, and the weather is so poor that i couldn't get enough "learning miles" in to complete the tune.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:31 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Given that tidbit from Chris, I'd say the 96" base map that comes on the CD should be fine for the 107" too.

You'll be shocked @ how fast these things tune in!

btw - I have a 6-speed too.... I just don;t have a light on my dash that tells me I'm in 6th gear!

Old 04-26-2007, 06:55 AM
musclehead
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dalton & PhilM
Thanks for your responses.

PhilM,
What has been your experience regarding the injector size issue mentioned in Dalton's post?

Old 04-26-2007, 11:44 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eric ~

It is true that the stock 06 & 07 Injectors flow less than the pre-06's. It is also true that if anyone knows what works best w/his product, it would be Chris.

I have stock 05 Injectors that I sent to Marren Injector Svc (www.injector.com) for clean/flow/blue print). However, I also have a Geralomy Dual Independent Runner TB. As a result, smaller injectors will support "more" motor than they would in a traditional siamezed runner TB.

I'd advise caution when considering BIG injectors, because you can easily end up with "too much" and that creates a situation where it's difficult to tunes at lower RPM's ~ where we ALL spend the majority of our riding time. THe S/E 50mm is a deal for the price, as it includes injectors and everything.