Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed V&H Pro Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 10:17 AM
SH_01FXDWG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installed V&H Pro Pipe

Put on my new Pro Pipe last night. Pretty smooth install. The fit is pretty good. Lost one of those damn header flange nuts again. Luckily I had some extras. Learned my lesson from last time. In this picture I had not put on the heat shield over the muffler yet. Took it out for a quick ride. It sounds great! Kind of like a muscle car when you are going through the gears. A little louder then I thought it would be. I replaced my Rinehart True Duals. I'm hoping to feel some torque gains.

Attached Thumbnails Installed V&H Pro Pipe-vhpp-install.jpg  
Old 05-08-2015, 10:22 AM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

Are you selling the Reinharts? If so, I nay be interested

Old 05-08-2015, 10:24 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Looks nice. I'm seriously debating changing to this pipe myself. I loved the sound of my true duals and 4" RCX mufflers till I added cams. Now when easing through the rpm range I have a hammering noise at 3500 rpms that's driving me nuts.

2010 Limited with some stuff

Old 05-08-2015, 10:45 AM
SH_01FXDWG
Road Master

@ Domestic: Violence, sorry guy but they are sold. I got the wild hair to put on new pipes, so I put my Rineharts on craigslist just to see the what would happen. They were still on the bike at the time. I sold them the next day.

@ SBates08: Same here. I loved the sound of my true duals. I have se204 cams in mine and there seemed to be a flat spot around 2200 rpm. Throttle respounce was not crips.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:10 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,609 Likes on 2,727 Posts

Have fun with the pro pipe - you can get gains for sure, but where you get it is most important.

Its critical to get a proper tune by someone that knows what they're doing, I've seen a lot of charts with 2-1 pipes where the gains are way to the right and a huge torque dip low in the RPM range. Its not inevitable tho, you need a knowledgeable tuner.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:38 AM
Frank Dukes
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

love my pro pipe... minimal dip in tq on my ride.. good tune is key.

Installed V&H Pro Pipe-jhgj4tg.jpg

Old 05-08-2015, 12:15 PM
SilverEagle50
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I considered going with these when I had to replace my V&H Power Duals. I was talked out of it because they said the Pro Pipe put out more heat. What do you guys say that have had other exhaust and then went to the 2-1 pipes? Was it that noticeable?

Old 05-08-2015, 12:29 PM
Frank Dukes
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nothing to compare it to but ive sat in sturgis traffic for an hour + and was fine. sure, your legs get hot.. its part of the deal.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:33 PM
SH_01FXDWG
Road Master

When it comes to tuning and what is needed, this is where I become a total noob! The original owner had the se204 cams put in, purchased the se tuner (06 bike and no O2 sensors its the older tuner without the button on the side like newer ones have) and had it tuned. I'm not sure where to go from here. Was thinking about Fuel Moto's EFI Tuner.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:50 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by SH_01FXDWG
Put on my new Pro Pipe last night. Pretty smooth install. The fit is pretty good. Lost one of those damn header flange nuts again. Luckily I had some extras. Learned my lesson from last time. In this picture I had not put on the heat shield over the muffler yet. Took it out for a quick ride. It sounds great! Kind of like a muscle car when you are going through the gears. A little louder then I thought it would be. I replaced my Rinehart True Duals. I'm hoping to feel some torque gains.
I love mine. I can't speak for the upgrade in performance because I did a FM107" kit at the same time, so there was a major increase in power/torque.

Love the pipe though.. it sounds fabulous and amd looks mean and all business.

Quick Reply: Installed V&H Pro Pipe