Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed V&H Pro Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 01:41 PM
fwb35
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I have the PP on my 99 build, love that thing, sounds bad ***, no heat issues with me, now my 2015 I have heat issues with, guess I need to put a PP on it too lol

Old 05-08-2015, 01:51 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,609 Likes on 2,727 Posts

Well... Its kinda what I've been saying. Wouldnt you like the peak to come on before 4.6K, and last longer?

Yes, you're better than your before picture at all RPMs but I think a better tune would smooth that puppy out. You're so close to Fuel Moto, I'd take it there to have it tuned, or at least call them for their opinion on it.

Yes yes, I know, you dont ride a chart, but looks to me like you're leaving as much as 10% on the table between 2500 and 4K. 10% in my book is not insignificant.

Originally Posted by Frank Dukes
love my pro pipe... minimal dip in tq on my ride.. good tune is key.

Last edited by Keithhu; 05-08-2015 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:52 PM
tacojunkie
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set of Monster round slip on's with a download, will I have to get another download if I go with the Pro pipe?

Old 05-08-2015, 01:58 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by tacojunkie
I have a set of Monster round slip on's with a download, will I have to get another download if I go with the Pro pipe?
If you'd just be changing slip ons I'd say no, but if you're changing the entire exhaust geometry, which is what you're asking about then I would either get it tuned by someone competent (generally not at a dealership, but there are exceptions) or at least do something like get a Power Vision with a map created from your same config, either from Dynojet or from Fuel Moto.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:13 PM
SH_01FXDWG
Road Master

Keithhu You may have not seen it, earlier I stated that I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to this turner stuff. I like to do all my work on the bike. Now I want to start venturing into the tuner side. I'm considering the Fuel Moto EFI tuner. Would that be a good option for me?

Old 05-08-2015, 02:15 PM
tacojunkie
Cruiser

Thats why I'm here, always getting the answers needed.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:28 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SH_01FXDWG
Keithhu You may have not seen it, earlier I stated that I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to this turner stuff. I like to do all my work on the bike. Now I want to start venturing into the tuner side. I'm considering the Fuel Moto EFI tuner. Would that be a good option for me?
I cant say whats best for you, thats a difficult question to answer. There are all kinds of factors, not the least of which is budget.

I have a Power Vision, which is about $450 bucks, and if you buy it from Fuel Moto you get lifetime map support if you make changes to your bike's engine or exhaust.

In almost all situations having your bike tuned is the most optimal way to go (assuming the person doing the tune absolutely knows what he/she is doing), but its expensive.

Having a PV *for me* is a good value because in addition to being a great flash tuner (which means it doesnt stay on the bike, it just is used to flash the map to the ECM), it can be used to monitor many engine parameters, read and clear codes, and even make some adjustments to the tune based on how I ride. And if you want to have it tuned, most competent tuners these days can use the PV.

But there are many valid choices out there ranging from the inexpensive to the expensive.

If you ask "what is the best <X>" on this forum, you invariably get a list of everything that exists.

Last edited by Keithhu; 05-08-2015 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:52 PM
SH_01FXDWG
Road Master

That makes since. I thought the power vision stayed on the bike. I did not like that idea because of theft.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:55 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member

That makes since. I thought the power vision stayed on the bike. I did not like that idea because of theft.
You may be thinking of a power commander. I dont worry about theft as much as failure, with solutions that need to remain on the bike during operation.

Old 05-08-2015, 03:29 PM
68 Shovelking
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also do my own work, I'm very experienced at wrenching, but a newby with EFI tuning. I went with a Power Vision from Fuel Moto knowing I have plans to go beyond A/C and slippons later. I found the PV very user friendly to use, and had a great experience in my dealings with Fuel Moto. I did the download and the PV went back in it's box, I have another friend who likes his on the bars to tweak things. There is also an optional kit for auto-tuning, which I may do later. I have no experience with other tuners, but I'm extremely pleased with PV & FM.

Quick Reply: Installed V&H Pro Pipe