Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vstream ultra low for a batwing fairing

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 11:09 PM
ridedaddy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Vstream ultra low for a batwing fairing

I know I'm not the only one but I'm still on a windshield quest. The ones that are not tall enough to actually work look great. The ones that work good don't look so great. I started with a 6.5" klock werks in black to match my bike, loved the look. It was a huge improvement over stock but being that I'm 6ft tall it was boarderline functional. I stuck with it for a year but after upgrading to a mustang seat which moved me up slightly the 6.5" just wasn't cutting it any longer.
Since I liked the look of the 6.5" so much I went to the klock werks 8.5" black shield. It seems to work good for me. However I'm not happy with the way it looks, the smooth lines of the 6.5 are lost in the huge goofy looking hump at the lower section of the 8.5 . Another thing that bothers me about the 8.5 is that it seems flimsy and the windshield vibrates badly at the top which is where my eyes are focused looking right over the top of the black shield.
With all that said I'm now holding a national cycle Ultra low Vstream dark tint windshield in my hands. Can anyone here offer me any info in going from a klock werks 6.5 or 8.5 to a Vstream? I like the look of the Vstream compared to the 8.5kw but I do wish the Vstream was solid black. It would be nice to get some insight before mounting this shield and giving up the return option. The Vstream does appear to be a very beefy built.

Last edited by ridedaddy; 05-05-2015 at 11:27 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:42 PM
Readyt
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cannot address how the VStream works on the Ultra, But on the Goldwing its State of the art, The best. Its the one thing I miss from the Wing is the dead air space behind the Vstream.