Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Somewhat unhappy moving from a softail

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015 | 12:00 PM
barchetta
|
Tourer

ok,

Ordered the 944 standard spring. I'll have it wed and Ill report back the moment I take a test run.

I rode again sunday and my passenger literally screamed on a few of the bumps.. shocks are a disaster.

Old 05-12-2015 | 07:42 AM
barchetta
|
Tourer

All this talk about what a horrible bike the SG is and how I made the wrong choice blah blah blah... and then I see this:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ited-seat.html

Laughing my *** off.

Old 05-13-2015 | 06:38 AM
MadIrish
Tourer

Maybe you should get an SG......oh wait!

I still think you should try a new seat, first, rather than getting into the shocks and all. Even with the shocks, you are going to replace the seat (I think everyone on these forums will agree the stock seats are never great)....so why not just do that first and see what it gets you. I'm cheap-ish, that's what I'd do.

Old 05-13-2015 | 07:28 AM
CountryD
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Joe12RK
btw all of the Harley seat suggestions will raise you up even more - it's the nature of the touring frame - they make cut down frame/seat kits but they are pricey
Best mod I have done to my RK. Factory seat positions are just too high for me. I came from a soft tail and couldn't handle how you sit on top of the bike.

Drop seat is the best option. IMHO. You can spend all that money changing seats and you might find something that's acceptable, but you won't be fully satisfied since your wanting to be "IN" the bike.

Take the plunge and get a drop seat kit, you won't be disappointed but your wallet is gonna hurt just a lil

Old 05-13-2015 | 07:30 AM
barchetta
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by MadIrish
Maybe you should get an SG......oh wait!

I still think you should try a new seat, first, rather than getting into the shocks and all. Even with the shocks, you are going to replace the seat (I think everyone on these forums will agree the stock seats are never great)....so why not just do that first and see what it gets you. I'm cheap-ish, that's what I'd do.

Because Im a firm believer in fixing the core of the problem before moving on.

Last edited by barchetta; 05-13-2015 at 07:36 AM.
Old 05-13-2015 | 07:37 AM
barchetta
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by CountryD
Best mod I have done to my RK. Factory seat positions are just too high for me. I came from a soft tail and couldn't handle how you sit on top of the bike.

Drop seat is the best option. IMHO. You can spend all that money changing seats and you might find something that's acceptable, but you won't be fully satisfied since your wanting to be "IN" the bike.

Take the plunge and get a drop seat kit, you won't be disappointed but your wallet is gonna hurt just a lil
yeah, its inevitable. I miss the "in" too much...

Old 05-13-2015 | 07:44 AM
CountryD
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by barchetta
yeah, its inevitable. I miss the "in" too much...
Also, they offer several seat options and the kit comes with side panels. My lady is very happy with my seat choice and the quality is great.

Old 05-13-2015 | 09:45 AM
fat daddy
Road Master

I told him what to do in post 43 and he told me I didn't understand what he said and now he is saying just what I told him . I think maybe you should just go back to a softail.

Old 05-13-2015 | 10:11 AM
barchetta
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by fat daddy
I told him what to do in post 43 and he told me I didn't understand what he said and now he is saying just what I told him . I think maybe you should just go back to a softail.
I think maybe you arent reading well.. being in the bike has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

So yeah, you dont understand what I said.

Old 05-13-2015 | 10:57 AM
fat daddy
Road Master

i understand perfectly I'm happy with my bike and your not. In post 86 you talk about it's inevitable that you miss the "in" to much .if I were as unhappy with something as you are id be looking at getting rid of it.

Quick Reply: Somewhat unhappy moving from a softail