Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMR 107" kit is shipped, tear down May 18th

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 11:56 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need help with an engine build/design 103" or what???

PhilM,

To be fair and perform my due dilligence, I did send a detailed email to Doug at HQ asking for his build list or their build suggestions givin my riding style, location, and bad habits. I will see what they come back with and will execute one of the orders before Monday is here. I am also wondering what the Thundermax T/B is like considering it matches up to this Auto Tuner quite nicely, as does their Dry Nitrous EFI kit. (wonder how to hide this part from the wife). Still some questions to be asked of the builders, but no doubt that will all work itself out.

Can you say excited...sure, I knew ya could!

I better keep some $$$ for new wheels, or should I just get some black steel rims and install some Goodyear Eagle smoothies?

Old 04-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Glideman, that is a great sounding build with good input from the guy supplying the parts, cant wait to hear how it turns out !!

Actually, I would rather participate and see first hand how it turns out,
where's my plane ticket?

Old 04-27-2007, 12:32 AM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Dalton

Glideman, that is a great sounding build with good input from the guy supplying the parts, cant wait to hear how it turns out !!

Actually, I would rather participate and see first hand how it turns out,
where's my plane ticket?

Here's your ticket, but be sure to read remarks before boarding or clearing customs! (lmfao here)

Old 04-27-2007, 12:43 AM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Drug Screen with full cavity search....ouch !!!

I think I will stay here and wait for you to post the results !!!

Old 04-27-2007, 12:49 AM
Kern
Road Master

Heh, now thats funny.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:32 AM
DI_Dave
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: GlideMan

Ok Bryan & PhilM

I spoke with Steve at GMR today and we had a great chat. He sent me through a quote and here's what the proposed build consists of now; [ul][*]107" Bolt on Kit c/w CP 10.5:1 Pistons[*]R&R Cast Heads c/w 1.940/1.615[*]S&S Gear Drive GMR 585 Cam Set[*]Forged Roller Rockers 1.67 Ratio[*]HP Inc 55mm Throttle Bodyw/ Manifold[*]Delphi 4.91gps Injectors[*]S&S hi Flow Filter[*]4130 Chrome Moly Pushrods (adjustable)[*]Push Rod Covers (for above)[*]D&D Fat Cat 2 into 1 Pipe[*]Primo Pro Clutch[*]Comsumables, Gaskets & Studs[*]Thundermax w/ Auto Tune[/ul]
I would like to know your thoughts on this kit as Steve informs me that it should shred the rear tire, yankthe wheels off, and eat many of the 114" builds with no problem. Likely a combo to give me 125HP and 130+ Ft Lbs with tons of streetability and still be a cruiser. I like it andmy dealer says he'd like to build it for me as they haven't installed any gear driveson the new 07 bikes as of yet.Should be fun as the new bike is at the dealer now and they scheduled me in for the buildstarting on May 4th. Just gotta order the goodies in the morning and get at this.

(Wife gave me the green light on it too...what a great gal or should I say...how understanding)

What y'all think?

Please keep us posted on the build Glideman.
I for one am very interested in how this works out.
Great Thread BTW...very informative.

Old 04-28-2007, 09:02 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member

I checked into HQ products and have subsequently ordered the parts from GMR as of yesterday. I think they willbe in within a week or so, and once here thetop endwill be built and tunedwithin relative short order. I will keep you advised, and I will be running this combo on the dyno after it's broken in just soI can see what type of power it makes.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:02 PM
HARDLUC1
Intermediate

I have weisco10,50 forged pistons, cranking pressure at 210,bored cylinders,weisco10.50 forged pistons,,585 cam,e-carb & ist ignition., fueling lifters &oil pump ,heads are flowd with exhaust larger valve.. bassani exhaust and kendall johnson did the heads and cylinders. Does he do bullshit,hodgepodge, and the rest of your crap. I have run this set-up for two years with no problems .So bullshit you. If someone on these forums wants want to spend some serious money on there ride talk to a real expert. Try zippers, carls speed shop,kendall, cycle rama ,or some one like this where ever you live .

Old 05-03-2007, 10:34 PM
DI_Dave
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: HARDLUC1

I have weisco10,50 forged pistons, cranking pressure at 210,bored cylinders,weisco10.50 forged pistons,,585 cam,e-carb & ist ignition., fueling lifters &oil pump ,heads are flowd with exhaust larger valve.. bassani exhaust and kendall johnson did the heads and cylinders. Does he do bullshit,hodgepodge, and the rest of your crap. I have run this set-up for two years with no problems .So bullshit you. If someone on these forums wants want to spend some serious money on there ride talk to a real expert. Try zippers, carls speed shop,kendall, cycle rama ,or some one like this where ever you live .
Beat It You F.ckin Deadbeat!!
This was an intelligent thread with some good info.
You got something solid to add, post it.
Spread your **** on another pasture.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:38 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Quick Reply: GMR 107" kit is shipped, tear down May 18th