Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front light bar / rear signal-brake light mods?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 03:27 PM
heavypic
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default front light bar / rear signal-brake light mods?

Hey all,

I was considering some lighting and turn signal mods for my black '14 RK. Just thinking out loud for now. This might not appeal to the traditionalist, and I'm not even sure some of the necessary products are available but here goes....

1) Remove front light bar and replace with small, chrome-finished, high intensity bullet-shaped turns signals (amber bulb/smoke covers). I'd like to mount these at the lower mounting point for the stock light bar on the front fork. Still want to retain the detachable windshield option. The turn signals must be small enough so as not to contact the stock front engine guard when the front wheel is turned full left when parked.

2) Remove stock rear turn signals. As a replacement for these, I thought I saw somewhere an aftermarket turn-signal/brake light combo kit that would be installed in the oval-shaped opening in the rear fender strut covers. This would be somewhat similar to the rear light set-up on a CVO-style rear fender. It would be desirable if the light kit could function as both a turn signal and brake light...perhaps with small LEDs (amber for turn signal, and red for brake lights, all in one unit)...all behind a smoke tint lens covering the back of that oval-shaped opening. I want to keep the stock tail light, and rear fender license plate mount position.

I thought I'd seen a kit somewhere for the aforementioned rear turn signal/brake light combo for that oval-shaped opening in the stock rear fender strut covers but I searched on the forum and online with no real success.

Any thoughts/suggestion for aftermarket products for these front and rear lighting mods?

Thanks all...

Old 04-29-2015, 07:56 PM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,603 Likes on 980 Posts

the front lights you describe come stock on street glides...

2009 street glides had bullet rear signals and kept the stock tail light, which you may like as well...

Old 04-30-2015, 11:11 AM
heavypic
Tourer

Joe...thanks for your reply and info. I assume these parts will bolt-on the RK without any fender mods?? The SG signal lights do look good.

Any other suggestions for signal light mods...especially making use of the oval opening in the rear fender strut covers? I could have sworn I've seen an aftermarket kit somewhere...?? It doesn't have to be LED...it could even be a row of 3-5 standard bulbs...

Old 04-30-2015, 01:58 PM
Unclduey
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have done that same mod to my 08 Road King, when I get back in town I will post a pic. I used the Custom Dynamic LED Dynamic Ringz inserts on the front. Also used the LED inserts on the rear with the Street Glide rear lighting kit. It's a great combo, I like the look. You will need a signal stabilizer with this mod as well.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:28 PM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,639 Likes on 1,170 Posts

For your bike you might be wanting...
1. HD 69577-06A
2. There is a fender/light kit HD 59500246.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:21 AM
heavypic
Tourer

Thanks all...appreciate the advice and part nos.

I'm liking HD 69577-06A (front bullet signals) to replace the RK light bar (thanks RKZen) and the Street Glide rear signal bar for the rear fender. Anyone have the part no for the Street Glide rear signal bar kit that will fit a 2014 RK??

Thanks again...

Regards