Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DYNO Disapointment

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Fasteddie06
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DYNO Disapointment

I need your opinion. I have an U.C 06" with the Sreaming Eagle H.O. 113, the S.E. heads, 256 cams. 10.5: 1 compression, rheinhart true duals, and Doughtery PACC Air System. I had the dealer put the race tuner in and dyno tune it. It cam back 101 HP and 107 TQ.

Is that reasonable numbers for that set up?

To be honest I was expecting more.

I welcome your opinion..........

Old 04-24-2007, 10:54 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: DYNO Disapointment

Can you post the dyno chart? Those numbers are quite anemic.[&:]

Old 04-24-2007, 11:18 PM
Mrkicks
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an 05 FXD w/ 103, HQ Cams, 10.5 1 w/compression release. Pulling 109 TQ and 114 HP, and that's on the 1st Dyno after the build. They want me to bring it back after I put 1000 miles on and they are going to tweak it some more.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:50 PM
bikergeoff
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those numbers aren't too far off, actually. The reason you're not seeing more is the pipes. Rinehart True duals give the best numbers for a true dual set-up bar-none, but if you want to see more torque, go with V & H slip-ons with the stock crossover head pipe. For the ultimate in torque and real seat of the pants power on the street, go with a 2 into 1 exhaust. the Thunderheader and V & H Pro Pipe HS are two of the best.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:01 AM
truegentlemann
Cruiser
Location: i live outside Omaha Ne on the Iowa side in the Loes hills, some great places to ride

well a few things. Each dyno can be diffrent some show more some show less HP and TQ.
the cam you have is a torque cam and lighter HP. Unfortunately SE cams are good cams but not the best.
the heads are they CNC Ported heads?
and as bikergoeff said the pipes are not hp pipes but some times we have to sacrifice something for cool.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:06 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

it aint the pipes man...that's always the first thing folks'll say when they aint got a clue...its way down IMO...my 98" makes way more than that

Old 04-25-2007, 12:14 AM
BuckeyeHD
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

it aint the pipes man...that's always the first thing folks'll say when they aint got a clue...its way down IMO...my 98" makes way more than that
Define way more please. People get too fixated on numbers. No disrespect, but if my scoot develops 100 HP and 110 torque at 5500 rpm (which it doesn't I hasten to add) that means nothing to me when I ride between 2500 and 4000 rpm. I want low to mid-range power and I really don't give a crap what the max numbers are.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:31 AM
Lowly_G
Cruiser

If I had to do it all over I would go with aftermarket parts not the SE. After reading alot of build posts I would have to say there are better parts than SE out there. I wish I would of found this site before I did mine. I would look at BryanTTM or PhilM builds. From what I can tell they know these engines and can put a bad mother f'er on the road.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:51 AM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My 95" made 1hp more and 8ft lbs tq more WITH Rinehart True Duals. And the torque was down low in the RPM range - 2200-4000.
Something isnt right,either tuning, compression match to the cams used, something isnt adding up.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:00 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: BuckeyeHD

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

Define way more please. People get too fixated on numbers. No disrespect, but if my scoot develops 100 HP and 110 torque at 5500 rpm (which it doesn't I hasten to add) that means nothing to me when I ride between 2500 and 4000 rpm. I want low to mid-range power and I really don't give a crap what the max numbers are.
I'll define more.

My 98" HQ build @ 10:1 makes 113/111. My dyno sheet is in the dyno thread and here: http://www.head-quarters.com/html/98__kit.html

Sadly, many dealerships do not pay great attention to detail and just run'm thru like cattle. Tune also plays a HUGE part.

Quick Reply: DYNO Disapointment