Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trap ion suspension upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 07:26 PM
LudemJo
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Trap ion suspension upgrade

I am seriously considering upgrading the suspension on my 2013 Electra Glide Classic with the full Traxxion front and rear setup to include the AK-20 forks and the Bitubo rear shocks.

Does anybody else have this setup, and what are your impressions? I know we are talking some big dollars here, but I want the bike to handle better than it currently does.

I will listen to alternative choices, but am leaning toward Traxxion based on all the reviews I have been able to find. I am even considering driving down to the Atlanta are from Leesburg, VA to have them do the install.

Let me know what you think.

John

Old 04-26-2015, 12:47 AM
Hazzardousmat
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine is still stock. If you do go with the setup, let us know about them. Other might want to try them.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:54 AM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Subscribing here. How are these compared to Ohlins or KTEC? I am looking at a supreme quality suspension for my CVO. I told myself the best mod I will make for this bike is suspension upgrade. Going to do it right the first time. Do you have any good links to their performance or reviews?

Old 04-26-2015, 10:37 AM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Ohlins 25mm cartridges are FKC-101 $835.00 plus oils , possible spring changes and any labor. Ohlins shocks are a sliding scale of cost from $600 for emulsion and they go up to like $1600+ for the remote reservoir versions. Like you said you could just ride over to traxxion and that does simplify things. I have faith in Ohlins due to my experience with their products over many years.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:11 AM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by qtrracer
Ohlins 25mm cartridges are FKC-101 $835.00 plus oils , possible spring changes and any labor. Ohlins shocks are a sliding scale of cost from $600 for emulsion and they go up to like $1600+ for the remote reservoir versions. Like you said you could just ride over to traxxion and that does simplify things. I have faith in Ohlins due to my experience with their products over many years.
I feel the same about Ohlins, but I referred a forum member here to call this local suspension shop that is an Ohlins distributor because he couldnt get his 6's to adjust right, they do their own racing and sell Ohlins and Ktec brand. Feed back I got from him was Ohlins are being made in China now and the quality has gone away. Not sure if this is true or if the shop is pushing their own product choice.
I know Howard said he can sell me the fork parts a lot cheaper if I do the work, and he said his unlimited phone time is free. Thats an offer that will be hard to refuse.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:16 AM
LudemJo
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bagman1
Subscribing here. How are these compared to Ohlins or KTEC? I am looking at a supreme quality suspension for my CVO. I told myself the best mod I will make for this bike is suspension upgrade. Going to do it right the first time. Do you have any good links to their performance or reviews?
The Traxxion website has some customer reviews. In addition, I found several threads on a CVO Harley forum when I was researching the HD Premium Ride setup. I read that on a scale from 1 to 10, the Traxxion system was a 10 and the HD Premium Ride system was a 7. Sadly, the stock suspension was a 1.

Now, the complete Traxxion system will set you back over $2k in parts alone, while the HD system will cost about half that. My local HD Dealer will not install parts that aren't purchased from them, so that is a bit of a problem.

I guess it all comes down to money, convenience, and if a rating of 7 out of 10 is good enough.

I am still struggling a bit with that decision.

John

Old 04-26-2015, 11:29 AM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by bagman1
I feel the same about Ohlins, but I referred a forum member here to call this local suspension shop that is an Ohlins distributor because he couldnt get his 6's to adjust right, they do their own racing and sell Ohlins and Ktec brand. Feed back I got from him was Ohlins are being made in China now and the quality has gone away. Not sure if this is true or if the shop is pushing their own product choice.
I know Howard said he can sell me the fork parts a lot cheaper if I do the work, and he said his unlimited phone time is free. Thats an offer that will be hard to refuse.
Wrong feedback on Ohlins being made in China. Can't speak to the 6's being unable to adjust although I suspect I know what that is all about, LOL.