Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Giving a big-un a ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 03:01 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Giving a big-un a ride

ORIGINAL: gordon188

Well this is even funnier, she has a daughter who wants to ride, and she is about 275lbs. I can't possibly do that to my Harley, I already told them because of my size we would be over the weight limit. Why does this happen to me.
Your just lucky I guess. Boy, you sure know some Hefty Heifers.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:14 AM
apachethunder03
Cruiser

Thats why I tell them that only my wife or daughter are the only females allowed on my bike.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:16 AM
apachethunder03
Cruiser

If the bike is on the kick stand, wouldn't it be harder to lift? Then he would have busted a gut!

Old 04-25-2007, 05:56 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I am 350 lbs and am always worried about going over the weight limit. My wife weigh 200lbs. I aint mad at her, we gained the weight together. When we met 12 years ago, I was only 175lbs. I ran 3 miles twice a day, taught weight lifting and aerobics (that's where the girls are, so no homo jokes.) at the University here in town. After two wonderful kids, I only have time for one leisure activity. I choose to ride instead of work out. I can still bench a Yugo (if I could find one), but priorities change, and for me, the family and the harley are all I have time for (and this forum). The wife has even said that lately this forum and the harley have pushed her and the kids down a notch. Guess I should re examine my priorities? Maybe after I take a nice long ride this weekend.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:12 PM
rickoshay45
Road Master

My wife is a "plus size" lerned quickly to keep it on the stand til she's seated.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:29 PM
TXjammer
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this her? She asked me for a ride once....I told her the bike wasn't running all that well, and asked if she would take a rain check!

[IMG]local://upfiles/23003/8D1675BA8748428BA6FF69A8FF077198.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-26-2007, 03:53 PM
ezlife
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Txjammer...thanks for the nightmarish image I'll be trying to pry from my head the rest of the day!

That ain't ezzz

Old 04-26-2007, 03:55 PM
BiggestDawg
Advanced HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 7 Posts

My wife and I are both around the 200 mark and like PapaTravis said we got there together. We ride together and love it. I always stand the bike then I stand and lean the bike a little in the opposite direction. My wife knows how to get on and off and waits untill I tell her to. She is able to get on and step through well. I think it is more about training them to do it right now matter what their size.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:59 PM
tireater
Banned

My bagger will do wheelies with a fat chick on the back...BeforeI met my GF -I took the passenger boards off so Ihad a good excuse NOT to give women rides...
I only gave my GF one ride on theBob- I didn't like the way she could make the bike move when she leaned wrong...

Old 04-26-2007, 04:10 PM
gibbyflhx
Cruiser

I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago, thankfully it was on the sport bike. I had to give her a ride, however she decided to jump on the back when I had 1 foot on the ground and 1 kicking up the kickstand. Basically it equaled the bike going over ..... I was so pissed and to this day I still keep the scratched plastics as an example.

Quick Reply: Giving a big-un a ride