Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Giving a big-un a ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 09:20 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Giving a big-un a ride

After laughing at your predicament, there is one comment you didn,t make to your passenger and that was, when a passenger steps on the floorboard or pegs to step through, and put the other foot on the other peg or board and using your shoulder as a steady point. My wife done the same thing last year after a long absence from riding. I almost lost it in the driveway and she is not that large. Live and learn.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:23 PM
74_ironhead
Elite HDF Member

Reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw on a lifted truck "Jack 'em high, fat chicks can't climb"

Old 04-24-2007, 09:31 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

ORIGINAL: dougbk

The say big women are like mopeds.................Fun to ride, but you don't want your buddies to see ya. ;-)

[sm=deal.gif]

Old 04-24-2007, 10:06 PM
redhwk44
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kind had the same thing happen. A buddies 15 year old kid was walking down the hi-way and I spun around to see whare he was going. Kind of a busy road and all. He tells me that he is on his way home which is about 3 miles up the road. Well, I said to mysef, "self, you can't let the kid walk". So I tell him to get on. Now is probably a good time to tell ya that this kid is not your average size. He is 6'2" and at least 240lbs. I didn't have any trouble when he climbed on but when he sat down (wifes back rest was still on) I found my ***** resting on the tank. He wedged in and wedged me out. What a Beotch! When I finally get him home he jumped off and let out a whoop and said that that was his first HD ride in a long time. I asked how could that be since his dad has an Ultra? He said his dad told him he was too big and wouldn't give him a ride anymore. Damn, I didn't know if I should feel bad for the kid or bad for myself for being the sap. Oh well, it seemed to make the kids day.I laughed to myself about an the way home . Goijng to have a talk with my bud about it.

Jeff

Old 04-24-2007, 10:45 PM
wildmn
Cruiser

you made your point, bro

Old 04-24-2007, 10:50 PM
HogBack
Road Master

Gordon188 and Redhwk44... you made somebodys day... Can you imagine a 15 year old kid loving what Redhwk44 did that is was a 'whoop' of joy.... both of your are good dudes...

Old 04-24-2007, 10:57 PM
curmudgeon
Cruiser

The lesson here is not "never give a fat girl a ride" The lesson is: nobody gets on or off untill the passenger says "ready" and the rider says "ready". Second, the bike is on the jiffy stand. Your left foot is on solid ground, your right is on the floor board and the front break is on.
I think I learned that on "Ride Like a Pro".

/making women smile is what life is all about.
//two guys can ride on one Harley only if one is carring a bloody stump and they are going to a hospital. No exceptions.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:58 PM
atexn4christ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gave my first ride a week ago she was on the big side,but that wasn't the problem. I tols her to lean with me after a few turns a thought man this is hard. I looked over my shoulder on one turn and saw her head going the opposite way. She did not know that leaning with me meant the same way I go.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:08 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

Point taken. I WON'T do that.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:53 AM
gordon188
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well this is even funnier, she has a daughter who wants to ride, and she is about 275lbs. I can't possibly do that to my Harley, I already told them because of my size we would be over the weight limit. Why does this happen to me.

Quick Reply: Giving a big-un a ride