Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best long ride seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 03:48 PM
Red 62
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best long ride seat

What seats do you think are the best for long rides? Air seats or gel or even a brand you think is good. More for passenger then me. Or just buy a air added on or gell added on.
Thanks for the info.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:56 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Wink

In my experience you will get best results with good shocks, so by all means find a comfortable seat for Mrs Red, but don't put all your eggs in one basket. We have a Corbin.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:57 PM
King-a-ling
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

You'll need to ask her if she likes a firm seat or a soft seat and wide or narrow seat. I've had several different mc's from VTX, ST1300, Royal Star, HD. I've had a Corbin, Mustang, Custom, Day-Long, and OEM. Right now I have the Day-Long and I personally love it. I had my Royal Star Tour Deluxe pillion redone by a guy around Dallas/Ft Worth area where he shaved the top of the seat down and refoamed it with memory foam and notched it for the tail bone and she like it and the narrow HD oem pillion more so than I think she likes the wide Day-Long. I also have an air cushion somewhere and she liked it about 50% of time especially on a firm seat.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:58 PM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

its all subject to your interpretation....or rather your butts interpretation. I've had three aftermarket seats. an ultimate, a mustang and a russell day long. i've had problems with tail bone pain after about an hour. with my first two seats, the interval was longer but was still a problem. i got a russell day long and haven't regretted it a bit. i've done 450 miles in one day then back the next with no problems. i don't think there is a better one out there for me.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:01 PM
rattracer
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Best long ride seat

I got the hammock seat from the dealer when I bought my SG. http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...passenger-seat.
Everyone has their own preference when it comes to seats, I like this one, have done several long rides with it, no problems.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:23 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

HD hasn't made a seat, in and of itself, that I would consider "long distance"...

I had a Sundowner, didn't live up to the hype, so I bought an Alaska Leather sheepskin, that made it where I could ride it all day.
Test rode a Hammock, I was on it +/- 2 hours, it felt real smooth... but my hips were cramping and my butt bones hurt.
MY personal preference is Corbin. Nice and firm, feels the same after 700 miles as it did after 20.
That is what I put on mine.
My *** can definitely outlast my bladder.....

Old 04-20-2015, 04:32 PM
Nightstalker88
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on the Sheep skin. Avoid the chain store bought ones if you can. I have two and can notice the difference between the commercial and local tanned version.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:49 PM
austinslider
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've used HD, Corbin, Mustang and C&C Seats. The only one I'd never use again would be the Corbin seat with gel in it. It was hard as a rock. Lots of great options out there, just have to make an informed decision.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:04 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts

All the ironbutt and BMW guys swear by Russell day long. They are just too ugly for me so I make do with Corbin. They have terrible customer service and wish I could be happy with something else, But my butt won't go for it. Oh and gel seats suck.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:17 PM
Rijan
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok Red,

Been riding 40 years I have a weird butt never comfortable. Last 2 week trip I would go on the CB to tell the guys to stop as my *** was killing me.So my wifey got me the road Zepplin seat every gas stop I either inflate or deflate it (3 air bladders for the rider 1 for the passenger) So back to my 40 years, this has been the BEST investment, I have never been so comfortable on a Bike in my life. Now the only issue it is Price it is expensive. but well worth the money. This is only my personal opinion with my personal butt.

Quick Reply: Best long ride seat