Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"In the interest of customer satisfaction"

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 07:05 PM
avcaruso
Road Captain
Received 1,315 Likes on 176 Posts
Default RE: "In the interest of customer satisfaction"

Had to have a new voltage regulator put on my 2006 Classic a few months ago - I did get a letter. Oh by the way - when looking at the numbers on the VM the tech noticed I had a broken front motor mount - this was also a "problem on the 2006 model year"? Also at the same time had to have my Harmon Kardon replaced - no display.

All on HD.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Scootr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: SteelCityScooter

ORIGINAL: banjopickin101

Glad Moco sent the letter out. I just thought it was a well written letter. I would have said something like "your bike may have a faulty regulator and we need to check it"
I am also glad they sent out the letter, just another example of standing behind your product and customers.

It is kinda cute how alot of people will bash the MoCo and the Dealer Network,when they are constantly trying to do right by thier customers.

So far with this 06 Ultra, I have had four of these type letters come to the house. And each tme it took the dealer less than an hour to rectify the problem.

Front brake rotors for squeel
Ignition fork lock pin
Injectors
Voltage regulator

All four items were not a safety issue, and the MoCo had no one, nor no Government Agency forcing them to bring the problems to light. But they chose to do so out of thier loyalty to us, the customer, to make it right.

With each item they could of just remained mute, and when the problem did occur, fix it under warrenty, or charge the customer if the warrenty had expired.

Granted they do some things wrong, but they also do some things right.
Don't hear this stuff very often When they do the right thing it is good to see.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:57 AM
screws4156
Road Captain

Had a problem a few months ago. The Speedo and voltage gauge were going haywire after a short ride downtown to Phoenix. I took the bike in and the service writer said it was the voltage regulator. The bike was still under a year old and covered. So it was changed at no charge.
Twomonths later I get a letter to bring it in for a regulator recall.. I call the shop and ask if this affects the new one they put in before. The guy say "Bring it in anyway". I did and they changed in another one. So all is well with the recalls I have lived thru.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:01 AM
chornbe
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: redhwk44

The tech checked the numbers on my voltage regulator and "HE" determined that it had to be replaced. That sounds a little odd .
And that's a problem?

What do YOU do for a living? If someone at your job asks you to determine if something needs to be done and YOUR training and YOUR professional opinion suggests that something must be done, how would YOU feel if someone questioned you like you're questioning him?

The guy checked the part numbers or the VIN or whatever, checked with Harley's service docs and made the determination. WTF is so "odd" about that?

Old 11-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Tech2
Tourer

So, how do I determine if my voltage regulator needs to be replaced? I have an 06 Street Gkide and never got the 'product improvement' letter.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:20 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Tech2

So, how do I determine if my voltage regulator needs to be replaced? I have an 06 Street Gkide and never got the 'product improvement' letter.
I received my letter in March of '07 and Iwent on line and entered my VIN on the HD site and it showed up onthere also. I went into the dealerthe first week of April and they changed it out for me in less then an hour. Evidently the possible faulty regulators were on Touring models built between 11/08/05 and 03/28/06.I found out the code on the faulty regulators so I had already checked mine and knew it needed to be replaced.