Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag liners

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 10:20 PM
SiggerTX
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Saddlebag liners

The wife and I are planning a few weekend rides and I'm looking at a few different saddlebag liners for the 06 Ultra. Anyone have any good recommendations on which bags work the best? I'm also interested in a bag for the rack on the trunk, something that looks good and goes on and off easily enough. Thanks!

Old 04-10-2015, 10:52 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Are you talking about plain liners for the bag interiors? Or the removable liner bags that store stuff and allow you to remove from the saddle bags and take into the hotel with you??

I have one of the liner bags that fit perfectly in the saddle bag. Very handy for storing stuff in and then taking it all inside with you when you stop for the night. Got it off a member here on the forum. Keep an eye on the classifieds. It is a HD accessory.

Old 04-10-2015, 11:11 PM
Copyless
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the HD bags, you can get the standard ones #91885-97A for 59.95 for the pair, or you can get the premium bags #93300070 for 129.95 for the pair, I am sure if you check around you can find a discount on this price from some dealer.

If not the HD brand bags, the next best option I know (have used some of his other products for several years) are THESE for 39.95 each I believe. I think all of these will be suitable for your needs.

I have found that (at least for the Tour-Pak) the best option is the vacuum bags. The saddlebags are a little harder than the TP but they still work fine. You can put a ton of clothes in these bags and then vacuum the bag, but not all the way, put in the place you want to use, and adjust the contents and bag to fit the interior, then vacuum again until it is finished and put them in the spot. Like I said, I usually use the TP, but they work for the saddlebags also, in the TP, I can put almost enough for me and my wife for a weeks worth of traveling, it really makes a big difference in the amount that can be packed.

Old 04-10-2015, 11:28 PM
DennyCrane
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the HD ones ($69 ones). But surprisingly, I found I only really need one. Use that one to bring in stuff for the evening, but leave the other one open to jam stuff in and out of during the day.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:37 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts

I have the basic HD ones for bags and tourpak and they are fine. They are thin, so don't take up much space, while being easy to remove and carry. The tourpak one takes a lot of stuff and two half sized ones would be better IMHO, but I haven't come across anything suitable.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:15 AM
Joeallev972
Novice

Mean City Cycles has some nice liners

Old 04-11-2015, 10:27 AM
472viper
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I have this bag for my tour pack rack...

http://www.saddlemen.com/ftb3300-spo...-bag-universal

It fits the Harley rack perfectly. I like it because my wife can pack all her crap in it and she doesn't have to open the tour pack every time we stop. It doesn't really hold a lot of cloths, You might get enough in there for a weekend for one of you. But it does hold a lot of "stuff". Handy as hell.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:22 PM
SiggerTX
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 472viper
I have this bag for my tour pack rack...

http://www.saddlemen.com/ftb3300-spo...-bag-universal

It fits the Harley rack perfectly. I like it because my wife can pack all her crap in it and she doesn't have to open the tour pack every time we stop. It doesn't really hold a lot of cloths, You might get enough in there for a weekend for one of you. But it does hold a lot of "stuff". Handy as hell.
I bought a set of HD liners from the stealer today for $60. I think I'm going to get that Saddlemen rack bag too, thanks for the tip!

Old 04-12-2015, 04:53 PM
Copyless
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SiggerTX
I bought a set of HD liners from the stealer today for $60. I think I'm going to get that Saddlemen rack bag too, thanks for the tip!

If your looking at rack bags also then I would suggest you look at THIS ONE. For the money it really is one of the best values, it really holds a lot of stuff. The bottom of it is zippered and expands when un-zipped another 1-1/2 or 2 inches.

Old 04-13-2015, 03:22 PM
JoshuaCannon
Cruiser

Check out Innovative Storage Solutions.. Great bags and very practical.

Quick Reply: Saddlebag liners