Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Needed in Tulsa, Oklahoma

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 06:55 PM
Recon4
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Help Needed in Tulsa, Oklahoma

I am looking for someone to do a quick Harley inspection for me. I will pay a reasonable fee for your time and effort. I am buying a 2014 Ultra Limited off of Craig’s List from a person in Skiatook, OK, about 15 miles north of Tulsa. The inspection is just a basic look-see to make sure the bike is in new condition, starts, and verifying the Vin#. The person selling it seems like a decent person, easy to work with, and owns a business there in Tulsa. If you can help me out please send an email and your fee to: (email removed)

Last edited by Recon4; 04-09-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:35 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

If it's just a visual inspection with no breaking into the motor or cases, I would be willing to do that for you. I wouldn't charge you for anything. Also, if the seller is willing. Saturday is kind of out for me, but any other day this week would be ok. We're expecting storms most of the week, but if he's willing to let me see it.....

Also, if there are any specific pictures you'd want, I'd be willing to take them with my cell phone and text them to you.

Let me know what is convenient for him.

Old 04-07-2015, 07:41 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,898 Likes on 824 Posts

The dealership would do one also; just a thought...

Old 04-07-2015, 07:49 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by hdgzr
The dealership would do one also; just a thought...

True, but that would require the owner to take it in since the buyer is in Arizona. Like I said, I would be willing to look it over. But this whole deal would make me nervous if I was a buyer. Is there a Lien? How would the buyer pay for it, and be assured of getting the bike? Buyer coming to OK to pick it up?

Old 04-07-2015, 07:58 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,898 Likes on 824 Posts

Heck Danny, we can run up there, check it out and take some pics...👍😬

Old 04-07-2015, 08:03 PM
Recon4
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
If it's just a visual inspection with no breaking into the motor or cases, I would be willing to do that for you. I wouldn't charge you for anything. Also, if the seller is willing. Saturday is kind of out for me, but any other day this week would be ok. We're expecting storms most of the week, but if he's willing to let me see it.....

Also, if there are any specific pictures you'd want, I'd be willing to take them with my cell phone and text them to you.

Let me know what is convenient for him.
"Beyond the call of duty"... Great! Danny, send me a private email and I'll send you the guys info and more details.... Thanks

Old 04-07-2015, 08:08 PM
ultraclassic53
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds reasonable to me. Have someone local check the bike out and and compare the Vin against the title. That way you know if its worth going thru the trouble to drive up or have shipped.
Wonder what the going rate for a 2014 limited is. I'm getting ready to sell mine. Bought it last fall has about 280 miles on it. Yea it was an impulse buy

Old 04-07-2015, 08:32 PM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,575 Likes on 1,969 Posts

Originally Posted by ultraclassic53
Sounds reasonable to me. Have someone local check the bike out and and compare the Vin against the title. That way you know if its worth going thru the trouble to drive up or have shipped.
Wonder what the going rate for a 2014 limited is. I'm getting ready to sell mine. Bought it last fall has about 280 miles on it. Yea it was an impulse buy

I've been shopping for a 14 and found one Sat. I will be flying out to pick it up Thursday. The one I found has just under 1,000 miles on it V&H Twin Slash mufflers and the owner had the 1,000 mile service done. My ride home is 1100 miles so I was glad he did that. I'm giving $21,500. Prices are all over the place from $29,000 to $20,000. I found a new one at the Gillette WY HD and out the door price was $25,500.
You can usually tell by talking to the owners if it's sketchy or not. This seller is retired Military with 2 kids getting ready to go to college.
I usually get the VIN and call the selling dealer to make sure recalls are complete and check service records if they have any.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:45 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by hdgzr
Heck Danny, we can run up there, check it out and take some pics...👍😬
Heck yeah. Between the two of us, we should be able to pick it apart. LOL

Old 04-07-2015, 08:57 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Email sent.