Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Road King Wire harness help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 07:25 PM
RK_2014
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kc_exactly

I am a firefighter. So, I don't follow the logic of not helping people just because it cost me something. Thanks guys for your help. I am going to order the part and service manual tonight. If anyone has a question from the service manual they can ask me and I will let you know what it says free of charge if I have the time. Thanks again. 14GP and NECaveman, I appreciate the knowledge.
Well said - to each his own but as you can see there are many people here that will help as I have gotten some great advice and tips from what is posted here.

Old 04-07-2015, 07:36 PM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member
Received 927 Likes on 474 Posts

On another note, how do you know the info you got from some anonymous person online is accurate?

You also confessed to ordering the wrong part because you either made an assumption, or got bad info. If only there was a way to have all that information at your fingertips....

Old 04-07-2015, 07:40 PM
kcm210
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You may also want to read and check out the owner's manual...it has some of the info that you want...and it's free...

https://www.harley-davidson.com/cont...rs-manual.html

It gave me some great info....until i ordered and received my service manual......

Old 04-07-2015, 08:19 PM
kc_exactly
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The owners manual doesn't list any of that stuff in it. I looked. You would think it would. I hope the pictures along with the comments will be very helpful to some fellow Harley owners.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:24 PM
kc_exactly
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And on the subject of service manuals? Which one is recommended? Harley's or someone elses?

Old 04-07-2015, 08:25 PM
Duracell
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,659 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by kcm210
You may also want to read and check out the owner's manual...it has some of the info that you want...and it's free...

https://www.harley-davidson.com/cont...rs-manual.html

It gave me some great info....until i ordered and received my service manual......
The owners manual doesn't list any of that stuff in it. I looked. You would think it would. I hope the pictures along with the comments will be very helpful to some fellow Harley owners.
kcm210 was being funny. Get some sleep and re read this thread you still don't get it

Old 04-08-2015, 04:30 AM
kcm210
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was being funny....
But that being said, the owner's manual actually does have diagrams that outline what some of the OP was asking about

That's a diagram from the manual that shows the connector for the auxiliary switch. But.... gotta RTM......

Old 04-08-2015, 10:39 AM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 979 Posts

And on the subject of service manuals? Which one is recommended? Harley's or someone elses?
Get the Harley one - it's worth it's weight in gold...

Originally Posted by Duracell
His post was accurate and meant to help.

But here is some insight,,,, you aren't capable of wiring radio even with the service manual,,,,,,, which by the way has all the wiring diagrams a capable person would need.

but then you might have suspected that ,,,, if you were capable of wiring a radio.

Here let me put it terms you might be able to follow. The positive terminal on the battery is the one with the + sign and the red cable on it.

Tomorrow we can discuss the other side of an electrical circuit.

^^^ here's another big man with a keyboard -

the OP doesn't want to wire directly to the battery, probably because he wants the radio to go off with the ign switch - that's why he's asking questions - isn't this why we have a forum?

FWIW isn't one of those orange or red ones the B+ connector?

Old 04-08-2015, 10:58 AM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member
Received 927 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe12RK

the OP doesn't want to wire directly to the battery, probably because he wants the radio to go off with the ign switch - that's why he's asking questions - isn't this why we have a forum?

Maybe when he gives his wiring 101 class you could sit in on it. You need a constant power source, ground, and ignition switched for a radio. The b+ connector you mentioned, isn't switched with the ignition either.

See what I mean about getting misinformation?

If the mods banned every smart *** on here, there wouldn't be anyone left.

Last edited by Buelligan666; 04-08-2015 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:02 PM
Duracell
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,659 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe12RK
Get the Harley one - it's worth it's weight in gold...

14GP answered his questions in post #4, had he been more specific in what he was looking for I'm sure someone would have helped. I don't have a 14 touring manual here but I do have a 15. I doubt there are many changes but to help him I would need more info on what he's looking for.

The offer stands,,,,

Quick Reply: 2014 Road King Wire harness help please