Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PIPES FOR OUR ELECTRA GLIDE !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005 | 01:04 PM
donjan
|
3rd Gear
Default PIPES FOR OUR ELECTRA GLIDE !!

Can anyone give us suggestions on the best sounding pipes for our Electra Glide Touring bike???? We have stock pipes right now and they just don't sound good. We want the throaty, beefy sounding pipes that aren't too loud and lets everyone know it's a Harley. Any suggestions on what type to get, etc?? Most appreciate it. A picture is attached.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4329/51AD0320AAD84FA9BF9E41CD09891108.jpg[/IMG][&:]

Old 09-16-2005 | 01:08 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Default RE: PIPES FOR OUR ELECTRA GLIDE !!

I went with the SE Slip-On with the removable end caps. They had a nice deep sound to them. The reg full slip-ons were louder without the removable caps.

Also depending on which caps you go ya will get a different sound. I went with the slash cut, but the straight w/grooves made the bike even quieter, but I didn't care for the sound and neither did my Gf.

G'Luck in your search as you will get ALOT of opinions. IF Possible go back to the dealer and see if they have any pipes installed on other bikes to be able to hear them.

Btw I have the '06 StreetGlide

Old 09-16-2005 | 01:12 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

OK,

I don't believe we have met yet. I'm Terry from East Central Illinois. Me and my friend Mike (Mikesgliden) from NC recomend:

RINEHARTS

OK,

Now that that's said. Try the screamin eagle's in the race catalog. Off road use only. Much better pipe than the standard SCII's.

Terry

Old 09-16-2005 | 01:30 PM
rgerber
Road Master

I'm with Terry on the screamin eagle's in the race catalog. Love the sound, just right for us!

[IMG]local://upfiles/718/160C3F5AA65C4179990FFB602678620C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-16-2005 | 01:36 PM
Cohiba_Joe
Road Captain

As CHEYENNE said, you will get a lot of input and opinions.

I went with the Vance & Hines Basic Slash Cut slip-ons from the dealer. When I bought the bike I didn't really know much different. They had the mufflers in stock when I picked up the bike so bought those and installed them when I got home.

They have a nice sound and not too loud (though still has the "Harley sound") when cruising down the street but will definitely open up when you crack the throttle. There have been times where I would like something a bit louder when going at slower speeds but I'm extremely happy with them.

I have since replaced the stock crossover pipe with the V&H True Duels and that made all the difference in the world in regards to the sound (at least to my hearing).

Brian

Old 09-16-2005 | 08:48 PM
hogsolo16
Advanced

Hi don , what came on my glide were sampson ovals, i have had lots of compliments on the sound. If i was to change them i would go with the rineharts true duel , they sound sweeeeet !!!!!

Old 09-16-2005 | 09:10 PM
luvmyflhtcui
Road Captain

For me it was the Vance and Hines Oval Slip-Ons. I have heard them on a lot of bikes and the looks can't be beat. Great sound and great looks.

[IMG]local://upfiles/494/1E30C658F6124A47A8BDEE1A17BFA7A2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-16-2005 | 09:54 PM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member

RINEHARTS

Old 09-16-2005 | 10:00 PM
Chaplain Wayne
Advanced

I love my Rineharts true duals. Added a Power Commander III and Arlen Ness Big Sucker. they sound great together and not too loud. If you want it softer in the future, you can go with a smaller baffle (2") called the Quiet Baffle. It comes stock with 2 1/4, and I love it.

RINEHARTS

Chaplain Wayne

Old 09-16-2005 | 10:10 PM
Decker
Novice

I have V&H Slip on ovals. Go to http://www.vanceandhines.com/a201_ovals_drs.html and listen to the audio clip.

Quick Reply: PIPES FOR OUR ELECTRA GLIDE !!