Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power commander

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 03:36 PM
vthunder
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power commander

Does anyone know anything about tuning your bike with a laptop computer through a power commander?

Old 04-23-2007, 03:45 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: power commander

Do some searches....you will find all kinds of stuff.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:52 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

CAUTION - if you can't do it or need to ask... Take it to a center that can - I've done mine many times with my '01 and for the most part wasn't that fun... Finally broke down and took it in to an auth Center - Da_n what a differance It HELPS to have a DYNO to do things right.... Simple downloads Easy but leave alot of loose ends on the performance side

Old 04-24-2007, 09:21 AM
vthunder
6th Gear

I think my power commander is shot , I tried cylinder trim on it yesterday and it changed nothing. I then tried several times on the bike and off of the bike to remap the power commander with no luck. I have the power adapter for off the bike tuning , I also put a new battery in that. It just seemed to quit working. I brought it in to work today and tried to put some changes in it and it did not take the changes. I am considering just buying me a new Harley Davidson race tuner or SERT as it is known here. Thank you for the information, I need to get on the stick, and get this thing going. Myrtle beach trip is only 18 days away. I did some pretty major modifications to the engine. Ported and polished heads, andrews 37b cams, KB 10.5/1 pistons, 95 cubic inch SE cylinders bored 005. over. It runs on zero map , but is sluggish, it needs tuning in. So it is decision time, power commander seems to be broken, do I get another one or go to SERT?[&:]

Old 04-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy a DTT or a Thundermax from Shooter64 and throw Your PCIII on EBay.You'll be one of the happy guys if You take My advice.

Old 04-24-2007, 12:37 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: vthunder

I think my power commander is shot , I tried cylinder trim on it yesterday and it changed nothing. I then tried several times on the bike and off of the bike to remap the power commander with no luck. I have the power adapter for off the bike tuning , I also put a new battery in that. It just seemed to quit working. I brought it in to work today and tried to put some changes in it and it did not take the changes. I am considering just buying me a new Harley Davidson race tuner or SERT as it is known here. Thank you for the information, I need to get on the stick, and get this thing going. Myrtle beach trip is only 18 days away. I did some pretty major modifications to the engine. Ported and polished heads, andrews 37b cams, KB 10.5/1 pistons, 95 cubic inch SE cylinders bored 005. over. It runs on zero map , but is sluggish, it needs tuning in. So it is decision time, power commander seems to be broken, do I get another one or go to SERT?[&:]
Send it back, dynojet backs their products very well. A sert will need to tuned by a dyno tech at the harley dealer unless you can get by with a basic canned map, plus the serts are all on backorder now so it could be weeks before you can get one.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:17 AM
vthunder
6th Gear

Gunrunner,
I have had the power commander 3+ years, dynojet only warranties them for 1 year. I sent them an email a day or two ago and told them about my problems, I have not had a reply from them. In the email I asked them if they would make the product good for me, since then the power commander has quit working completely. I took it by an authorized dynojet tuning station and dealer and he checked it out and tried to reset it for me and said it was DEAD. do you know anything about the DTT or thundermax modules that Harley Rulz mentioned in his reply. He reccomended I sell the power commander on ebay and buy one of those products.

Have a great day
Vthunder

Old 04-27-2007, 12:04 AM
wydopn231
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn where was this 3 days ago have new one coming,only heard good things before now about them.As for dyne agree might be best but personaly think seat of pants works.as for finding best settings thtas part of the fun isnt it

Old 04-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Puzzled
Banned

The system from Zippers sounds like it is the cats ***. Is it the Thundermax?

That would be the next system I purchased if I were to get a new bike.

My PCII is 6 plus years old and has worked without a hitch thus far.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:25 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,354 Likes on 2,533 Posts

the only bad advice given so far (imo) is to take your 'dead' pciii and sell it on ebay. if its dead, throw it away, would you want to be the one who bought something and found out you just wasted your money. you said you have had it for 3 years. did you feel you got your moneys worth out of it? if yes, ditch it.

good luck

Quick Reply: power commander