Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My elusive Accessory plug...and other plugs

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 02:24 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 30,781 Likes on 11,578 Posts
Default My elusive Accessory plug...and other plugs

I know the accessory plug is supposed to be in the front of the battery. But, after hours of searching, I can not find the bugger. I unlatched and swung the ECM aside, and removed the upper tray. I searched everywhere the for the accessory plug and could not find it.

Does anyone have any pointers on how to find the dang accessory plug. If it seems to be maybe hiding somewhere, could someone describe where it comes out of the harness?

Also, in my quest to find the accessory plug, I found two others that I am curious about. I can only seem to post one picture per post, so first I'll do one and then add another post for the second.

The attached photo of the plug. I got this photo off the Internet, because I forgot to take a picture of mine. This plug is close to the back of the tank, and has one wire. It is powered on when the ignition is powered on. Does anyone know if it has an intended purpose? Do you know how to get a plug with wire that would attach to it?

Attached Thumbnails My elusive Accessory plug...and other plugs-image.jpg  
Old 04-02-2015, 02:32 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Default Second unknown connector

This picture is of the other unknown connector plug. It is the grey plug below the fuse panel cover. It is a 4 position but has 3 installed pins. One is ground, one is power when ignition is on, the other doesn't seem to have power. Does anyone know what this is intended for? Btw...I was excited thinking it was the accessory plug. Although it is the same style it is not the accessory plug.

Thanks,

Post edit...drat...sorry it is rotated 90 degrees. I can't seem to fix the picture.

Attached Thumbnails My elusive Accessory plug...and other plugs-image.jpg  
Old 04-02-2015, 02:56 PM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,588 Likes on 973 Posts

The second one looks like the ECM plug - you can hook up a Power Vision there.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:02 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

It's usually tucked down among the wires in front of the battery.....Look for the rubber plug

With the rubber plug

Plug out

Old 04-02-2015, 03:07 PM
sanman4ever
Club Member
Received 326 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by shooter5074
It's usually tucked down among the wires in front of the battery.....Look for the rubber plug

With the rubber plug

Plug out

That's it....the rubber plug kind of conceals it, makes it difficult to make out that it's an actual connector. You might have to dig for it. But it's in there. Toward the front on the bike.

Last edited by sanman4ever; 04-02-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:10 PM
sanman4ever
Club Member

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
I know the accessory plug is supposed to be in the front of the battery. But, after hours of searching, I can not find the bugger. I unlatched and swung the ECM aside, and removed the upper tray. I searched everywhere the for the accessory plug and could not find it.

Does anyone have any pointers on how to find the dang accessory plug. If it seems to be maybe hiding somewhere, could someone describe where it comes out of the harness?

Also, in my quest to find the accessory plug, I found two others that I am curious about. I can only seem to post one picture per post, so first I'll do one and then add another post for the second.

The attached photo of the plug. I got this photo off the Internet, because I forgot to take a picture of mine. This plug is close to the back of the tank, and has one wire. It is powered on when the ignition is powered on. Does anyone know if it has an intended purpose? Do you know how to get a plug with wire that would attach to it?
That little gray one is the B+ connector. Stuff like heated gear, heated seat, fog lamps, or some of those engine fans can be hooked up to it.

Last edited by sanman4ever; 04-02-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:34 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by sanman4ever
That little gray one is the B+ connector. Stuff like heated gear, heated seat, fog lamps, or some of those engine fans can be hooked up to it.
Thanks. Now I know what to ask for to connect to it.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:37 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by sanman4ever
That's it....the rubber plug kind of conceals it, makes it difficult to make out that it's an actual connector. You might have to dig for it. But it's in there. Toward the front on the bike.
I found theist one...I think. But something is already connected to it. It doesn't make sense if it is the aux connector, cause I don't have anything switched by the aux switch. I do have the alarm, and it seems maybe it is connected to that connector..,is that possible?

Old 04-02-2015, 04:41 PM
sanman4ever
Club Member

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
I found theist one...I think. But something is already connected to it. It doesn't make sense if it is the aux connector, cause I don't have anything switched by the aux switch. I do have the alarm, and it seems maybe it is connected to that connector..,is that possible?
Send a pic of what you found.

They do make a "splitter" One to two gizmo I believe as well.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:43 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member

Sandman...good point. I'll open it up and measure the voltages. And take a picture. Probably this weekend.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: My elusive Accessory plug...and other plugs