Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

very slick garage door opener, mo-door

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 06:48 PM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,193 Likes on 563 Posts
Default very slick garage door opener, mo-door

I just installed an opener using the mo-door unit. Yes I know, there are cheaper ways to go, but I'm pretty impressed with this set up. Unlike the flash to open units there is no receiver to mount in your garage, simply program and mount the mo-door inside your fairing or side panel and run the switch to wherever you want. I had an extra auxiliary rocker switch so I used that. The thing I like about it is that you program their unit. So if you move or install a new opener you just reprogram and you're back in business. They sell several switch types, but I had them wire their unit to tie into my aux switch so everything is very clean. Their unit has a battery so you don't need to tie into a power source at all, simply mount and you're done. Like I said, they have several switch types or will set it up for you if you want to send them your switch. Their customer service was excellent and they turned everything around in one day. The unit feels quality and comes with your choice of switch and Velcro for mounting. I screwed up the first time and didn't order a long enough wire - I contacted them after I received the unit and realized it was too short - they took care of it no questions asked and changed the type of wire to work better with my switch. If you're looking for an opener take a look at mo-door.com

I am not affiliated with the company at all, just a satisfied customer.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:08 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

cool

the DIY sticky has about 300 posts on various methods.

mine is a relay which opens the garage door when I turn right...another relay opens a gate when I hit the left turn. no extra buttons, hands stay on controls.

cost...about $30.

Mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 03-31-2015 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:56 PM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

I have been thinking of some type of opener and reading this made me think, why dont I just takke my GD opener and stick it somewhere like under the tank, on inside of enngine heatshield, or at the bottom of the forkk cover on my RG.
But I like your idea too, thats a good use foor that extrra switch.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:00 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,372 Likes on 2,544 Posts

Originally Posted by bagman1
I have been thinking of some type of opener and reading this made me think, why dont I just takke my GD opener and stick it somewhere like under the tank, on inside of enngine heatshield, or at the bottom of the forkk cover on my RG.

you have a roadglide. on the instrument nacelle, on the front right hand side, there is a hole (what for i have no idea). what i did was to take my garage door opener, solder in the hd odo reset switch, and then mount that switch to that hole. used velcro to hold the gdo in place inside the nacelle. works great, is hidden so no one knows it there but me, and only cost the $15 for the odo reset switch. just another option

Old 04-02-2015, 12:00 PM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

I believe that hole was for an eyelet that the throttle cables would go through. Had that on my 07. So help me here, how does the odo switch activate the GDO? do you go into the opener and bypass the button and solder wires to to the button contacts? Then Id have to assume the odo switch is a N.O. one :O)

Old 04-02-2015, 12:32 PM
J929626
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I believe that hole was for an eyelet that the throttle cables would go through. Had that on my 07. So help me here, how does the odo switch activate the GDO? do you go into the opener and bypass the button and solder wires to to the button contacts? Then Id have to assume the odo switch is a N.O. one :O)
Correct. Get a waterproof NO momentary switch and solder it so it replaces the button on the GDO.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:45 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,372 Likes on 2,544 Posts

ah, wondered what that hole was for.... my first roadglide was a 2010, so tbw and no throttle cables.

yes, i soldered the odo reset switch in to the gdo as per the 'monster' thread. was much easier and cheaper than all the other newfangled options... i prefer the kiss method

Old 04-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Ganooch
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I did just this. I have the tiny opener with the three buttons. I bought some high strength velcro and stuck it on the bottom of my Road Glide left hand fairing glove box. As I roll down the street, I just lift the door and press the button with the same hand.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:17 PM
cruzrtwdgt
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive got a little keyfob one. Keep it on a caribener with the security fob.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:41 PM
treetop777
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, mine is stuck on the underside of the mid frame heat deflectors - simple! I hope it don't melt though!

Quick Reply: very slick garage door opener, mo-door